“Excellent service and food”
Review of Elvi's Kitchen

Elvi's Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 201 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I spent one night exploring San Pedro while staying at a resort about 7 miles north of the town. We struggled about which restaurant to choose and I finally got him to agree to this one. The food was excellent (lots of delicious sounding seafood dishes) and our waitress (her name starts with a "C" I believe) unfortunately, I can't recall her entire name right now. She was EXCELLENT! We talked about life in San Pedro, snorkeling locations to explore and she even gave us the name of a cool bar to hang out at on the beach until our water taxi was able to arrive. Would highly recommend this restaurant....and they even have sand on the floor (which seemed very charming to me).

Write a ReviewReviews (3,025)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went here for dinner once and lunch twice while on Ambergris Caye. Each time the food was really great - especially the lunches: it's all about the tacos. Fried fish tacos with Habanero Tartar Sauce for me, pulled pork for my wife, Belizean fish for others. As with all restaurant in paradise service in on "island time", but Elvi's is better than most and certainly more attentive.
We liked the sand floors - don't see that in america anymore...

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We heard this place was amazing. When we finally arrived in Caye Ambergris after a long plane ride and ferry ride we were ready to go to Elvi's. We asked around and everyone seemed to know where it was. I had some friends tell me about this place a few months ago. I could not wait to try it. We had Ceviche and Coconut shrimp and drinks! The Pina Colada was so goooood! We couldn't have desert which was a bummer because I wanted to try their Key Lime Pie that I had heard so much about! We made it happen...right before we left we got a pie to go. It would have been a shame to have missed out on this pie....we wish we had gotten two. Everyone that works here is lovely too...and overall fantastic experience for our first and last taste in Caye Ambergris!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ate at Elvie's 3 times during our 2-week stay in Belize. The best things we had were the fish tacos at lunch and the margaritas. Lobster was not well prepared. The Grand Mayan Buffet on Fridays had some interesting choices...the pork, spicy shrimp and black beans being the standouts.
Beware the Mosquitos under the tables! I was eaten alive every time I ate there. The staff is super friendly. Prices are high for what you get, but that was true everywhere on Ambergris Caye.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great food. Great service. There's nothing much more to say. This place is a local favorite and there's no doubt why.