“The only AUTHENTIC local cuisine on the island!”
Review of Robin's Kitchen

Robin's Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 199 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I wish we knew about this place earlier. I remember driving the golf cart past here almost every night. They are closed one night of the week, or if its really slow. I really enjoyed Robin's home cooking. His Caribbean styled cooking is really incredible. I really thought about how authentic it was since he cooks out of a little kitchen and the seating area is all outside of his enclosed space.
First time we tried it we had caribbean jerk chicken with this incredible coconut carrot cabbage salad and rice and beans bursting with flavor. There was a party of six sitting directly across from us that had received their food before we did, and after they finished, they requested to take home all the chicken they had left!
We were informed by the friendly Robin that he opens up at 6, and if there are people there eating, usually everything is sold out by 8! Thats how amazing he is. We saw a couple of other people get food twice in one night because they had to come back for seconds. :) Make sure you try it in the beginning of your trip, because I know you will be back almost every night craving for more!

1  Thank synergii1

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at Robin's Kitchen. Our teenage son ate there almost everyday that we were on the island. They were very friendly and gave you a lot of food for the money. They had jerk and curry chicken, the sides varied everyday with rice, beans, potato salad, and coleslaw. Wonderful people and great food!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Quite possibly the best jerk chicken we have ever had! Robin has kept his restaurant simple and it works! Relaxed atmosphere watching him cook, amazing tasty chicken accompanied by rice and coleslaw and all for $6 US. If you want something else then go elsewhere as this is the menu but given it was so good we went back for lunch again! It is a wonderful little shack on the side of the road where you will be welcomed with Jamaican hospitality! A must visit.

2  Thank VikkiandDavidAdamson
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The best jerk chicken I've ever had -- we arrived early and robin was putting the meat on the grill. No where to hurry off to -- love vacations-- so we sat and chatted in the shaded dining area until a huge plate of chicken, sweet rice n beans and coleslaw was served! My husband and I didn't speak until both our plates were clean. Robin even sent us home with a half chicken for free!! Try to bring small bills as change is tough.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After fishing all morning, my wife and I rode over to Robins. Best desicion we could have made. We got there just as they opened and was greeted by the owner with a warm welcome. We were able to watch him cook the chicken on the grill out front, which looked delicious from the start. Wile the chicken was cooking we engaged in causal conversation with him which helped pass the fee minutes it took to cook our delicious meal. When it was ready, it was just as good as it looked.

Bottom line: great authentic food, fantastic service/atmosphere