“The Perfect Day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Unity Tours (No Rush Catamaran)

Unity Tours (No Rush Catamaran)
Sacramento, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The Perfect Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Capt Steve and Fish are absolutely the best guides around! My girlfriends and I signed up to do a little snorkeling around Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Alley. From the moment we met up at 900am at the pier near the Tackle Box Bar, everything was just taken care of for us. The No Rush catamaran was clean, spacious with a lot of lounging room, and comfortable. It was perfect for sun tanning and hanging out with friends. Equipped with a small toilet if you're shy about returning the favor back to mother nature. The trip began with our first snorkel site called coral gardens where we saw a wide variety of fish and coral including a parrot fish.

Traumatized by prior snorkeling trips, I was a bit afraid to get into the water. Capt Steve and Fish sensed that and basically guided me into the water with a life saver for the first dive. Fish pretty much dragged me around until I got comfortable with breathing under water. As I got more comfortable with using my flippers and breathing, I let go of my "training wheels" and was able to snorkel on my own. I use to hate snorkeling and now I have a love for it thanks to them. In my opinion, they went above and beyond with this! As we snorkeled, Capt Steve dived to get us fresh conch for ceviche. It was the BEST conch ceviche I've ever had. Fresh out of the water and pure in flavor. My mouth waters at the thought. As we hung out drank unlimited amount of rum punches/rum and cokes, we dabbled in fishing. Steve caught a bunch of fresh fish for lunch and I mean really outdid himself with the fish. They were gorgeously fresh. Afterwards, we went to shark alley where we saw HUGE sting rays and nurse sharks. I couldn't believe I snorkeled literally within a couple of feet of a nurse shark. It was so surreal. Then we went to Hol Chan where there were a bunch of sea turtles. Afterwards was the lunch of fresh fish Steve caught.

It was a perfect day. They knew when was the best time to go to Hol Chan and Shark Alley before the rush of the other boats. They were great guides telling us what fish were what and literally guiding us how to snorkel if you were new at it. They spent a lot of time going above and beyond. When we were in Hol Chan and we saw a bunch of people cramped in a little dinky boat, we knew we completely lucked out. Even though, we went thinking we would share the boat with people, we did not have to and it ended up being a private boat to ourselves. So we literally got a private tour. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and would use them again on my next trip to Belize. They don't get enough credit on TA for the amazing work that they do!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank NomadGal62

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Unbelizable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Captain Steve and Fish, you can't has for better souls to guide you around the area. The smooth sailing experience itself is something that will sadden you as you get closer to the end of your journey. i wouldn't waste your time headed to Mexico Rocks. It looks like that area has been over fished. Go toward Shark Rey Alley and Hol Chan. We did both on different days. What a difference in terms of Marine life. And the food they make up for you is so unexpectedly nice. You will really enjoy having him guide you around the marine life in Hol Chan.

The best part of our trip in the Cayes.

Visited May 2013
boston
“Take this trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We met Captain Steven and Fish at a local bar out first night in San Pedro. They were so friendly and helpful in regards to the questions we had about the island and mentioned they ran snorkeling trips on the No Rush. We liked the guys so much that we booked an all day trip a few days later. The scenery, food, snorkeling and company were all top notch. If you head out to the reef from San Pedro, do it on the No Rush and tell them Soto sent you.

Stilwell, Kansas, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“We know Capt. Steve Rubio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We took a trip with Capt. Steve and his crew two years ago. It was so meaningful we looked him up at soon as we got to the Island. We booked a full day with him and went to the Mexico Rocks for snorkeling, etc. We fished for conch and had conch ceviche on the boat...very good and presented beautifully. Capt. Steve had two hands with him, Fish and Russell. Fish swam with us and pointed out the sea life while Russell cooked on board.We stopped off at a beach location and had lunch on the beach. Sodas, Fanta, Rum Punch and water were readily available. They did run out of coke on this trip b/c they weren't expecting so many kids. If you want beer, let them know and they will provide it. Make sure they know if you need to use their snorkel gear as well. They have some and are very helpful with the gear to make sure it is all working for you.

We took a second 1/2 day trip to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. I really wanted to see the Sea Turtles and this was the most likely spot. We saw them. Our boys, age 13 and 11 had a great snorkel experience. Our 11 yr old even took a wrong turn and ended up with another snorkel group. Our guide, Russell, knew immediately. I found him with no problem. The other guides at Hol Chan were very protective of him. Ceviche on the boat, again and plenty to drink. We even saw dolphins hunting near our boat. Capt. Steve didn't charge extra for them. :-) Please find them at the Tackle Box Dock. They are worth it and a great trip!

Prosper, Texas
“No Rush - A Family Affair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had such a great trip with Steve and Fish, we had to book it again before we left the Caye. The 2nd trip, Steve brought his daughter and niece. We had a remarkable time. Our daughter and her friend were completely in love with the locals on board; we ate, danced, sang and fished. My favorite part were the eagle rays and nurse sharks cleaning up our fish and conche scraps. The day was a 10 and the company was an 11. We ended up going out for dinner and met up with the crew again for a couple beers on the beach - by chance. Thank you Steve and Family - thank you Fish!