“¡Ay, caramba!”

Ranked #30 of 210 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Central American
Description: Specialized on Mexican,Caribbean and local cuisine
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Yesterday my husband and I were in San Pedro doing some chores (laundry, shopping) mid holiday, and the urge for a light lunch hit us. We were walking by Caramba! Restaurant, and as Lonely Planet had given it a really good review, we thought we'd give it a try. We were cajoled in from the street - though it didn't take much work, I must say, as we were en route there already - and we're wowed by the extensive menu. I went for the fish burger and chips and my husband had the burrito. Both were excellent, but I can say the snapper burger was the best fish burger of my life - out of many many fish burgers. The drinks were reasonably priced and good quality, though the rum punch juice mix comes from a good quality mixer and not from fresh juices as I would hope on a tropical island. I went for the local 'panty ripper' made from coconut rum (I suspect a local coconut rum which was much nicer than Malibu) and pineapple juice. Anyway, our holiday isn't over yet and we will be returning.....

localsfav, Guest Relations Manager at Caramba! Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Hello Mrs Harris3

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I cant say anything bad about the place, the price food and drinks were all terrific and Charlie the bartender is just a extra bonus.

Hello Ginger

Reviewed April 21, 2013

While exploring San Pedro back in Mar 2012, a waiter was ushering us in but we were hesitant for Mexican and the place looked really touristy. But they had a lot of seafood, which was what we were in the mood for. The free conch ceviche was yummy, nice change from the typical chips and salsa. I got the Mayan whole fish with coconut rice/beans and steamed veges. Veges were bland but the fish with the sauce and rice were great. I'm a sucker for whole fish since it's usually more fresh and tender than filet and this didn't disappoint. Ate the whole thing to the bone, head and all - our waiter was impressed. We can't remember what my boyfriend had. He didn't love it but I remember it being pretty tasty. The staff was all very friendly, our waiter was attentive and personable. We also liked the price. Solid dining experience for taking a shot in the dark.

Hello Elin
Caramba Restaurant is glad and pleased to hear that you enjoyed our meals. We hope to see you soon. Thank You for your helpful review. Any problems that you had are definetely being reviewed and working on them.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were in San Pedro Belize for a week. We ate at Caramba four times during our stay! Our children wanted to eat there every night for dinner. Their friendly, fun staff were exceptionally hospitable! We all highly recommend Caramba!!!:))

localsfav, Public Relations Manager at Caramba! Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello Valerie0425,
Thanks for dining with you! We appreciate it. We're happy that your childeren choose us. Once again, thank you!
Regards,
Jonathan Reyes

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've been to many Restaurants in San Pedro but Caramba Restaurant takes the cake with their cool atmosphere, friendly attentive staff and their mouthwatering sea food.I must say their Margarita shrimp with baked potato and rice and beans is simply delicious and finger licking. Just thinking about the food experience I had makes my taste buds run wild! The next time I'm in San Pedro I’m definitely going to Caramba for their great food and I would highly recommend Caramba Restaurant to anyone to let them feel,see and taste the wonderful experience I had. Great atmosphere, great service and great food! :-)

localsfav, Secretary at Caramba! Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Hello Leslie Vasquez
We are glad and pleased to hear that you had a great dininning experience here at Caramba Restaurant. We hope to see you back soon and Thank you for kind review
Regards,