“Favorite restaurant in San Pedro”

Hurricanes Ceviche Bar & Grill
Ranked #37 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hurricanes Ceviche Bar & Grill is the location for relaxation with fine outdoor dining and delicious tropical drinks. Food ranging from your usual finger foods and snacks like burgers and fries, chicken and fish fingers to delectable seafood specials and pastas. Hurricanes is the home of the Ceviche! A dish comprised of fresh seafood marinated in lime and served with a mixture of vegetables and corn tortilla chips. Try our octopus ceviche, maybe shrimp is to your taste, try our famous conch ceviche or just have a combo of them all.Hurricanes Ceviche Bar & Grill "a world wind of delicacies"
Fort Worth, Texas
“Favorite restaurant in San Pedro”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hurricanes Ceviche is our favorite restaurant on Ambergris Caye. Over and over again, whether for lunch, dinner, or cocktails, this is where my wife and I on a recent trip to San Pedro seemed to always end up.

The ceviche is as good as advertised -- the best on the island -- and repeated orders for ceviche, whether shrimp, fish, or conch, never disappointed. However, don’t stop there, as their nachos, grilled hogfish snapper, and pasta marinara also were similarly impressive.

It’s a beautiful location, sitting out over the water under an open-air palapa, with a small observation deck up on the second story. Josh, the owner’s son, is the other bartender, and you will feel like your business is truly appreciated here.

One evening at the bar, while drinking Bacardi Solera rum (it’s the only place on the island which has my favorite rum), I noticed James, the regular bartender, making what appeared to be a chocolate milkshake. He replied that he was making a banana-chocolate shake, which was quite impressive since they don’t have ice cream. Not having had a milkshake in probably 30 years, I decided to give one a try, and I ended up having two! Don’t pass these by.

These are nice people, with a wonderful location and setting, excellent food, and they seem to try a little harder. What’s not to like?

• Visited January 2014

“Best ceviche ”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Ate ceviche throughout Belize and Hurricanes by far had the best!! Its a cool bar overlooking the water, and everyone was really friendly!

Westport, Massachusetts
“Always great ceviche!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Ceviche always varied and delicious. Staffs very inviting and friendly. I'm missing watching the activity at BC's, though! RIP

Visited January 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Amazing Ceviche!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We (or, my boyfriend, I should say...) came for the ceviche, and were so happy we did. My boyfriend ordered conch ceviche, but I am not a seafood eater. I despise all kinds of seafood, and I am from Maine. My boyfriend ordered it, but since it was our last night on the island I had promised him I would try it, so I did, and I have to say it's one of the only seafood items I have actually tried two, three, + bites of. It was so tasty, and compared to the other ceviche my boyfriend had ordered at other restaurants, this one had so much meat in it! Great waitstaff, too!

• Visited January 2014
“Best Ceviche on the island!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

You can't go wrong with Hurricanes. It just might be the best ceviche on the planet. The location over the water is perfect. My husband & I have visited San Pedro 4 times now and we always eat multiple times here.

Visited January 2014