“Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Scuba Belize

Aqua Scuba Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Scuba is Belize's Ultimate Dive and Tour Center.
Aqua Scuba is proud to boast the newest and largest dive boats allowing us to
 accommodate individuals and groups with comfort and safety.
We are your one-stop shop for all diving and leisure related activities. Aqua Scuba is affiliated with the Ambergris Caye’s top Resorts and we can assist with air and room reservations. Contact us today to plan your trip to paradise!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is our third visit back to Aqua Scuba as a family and the owners always take care of us. The staff is wonderful! Thank you to our boat driver (forgot his name), Ranger, Blinky and the others for an awesome time!

Soldotna, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Waste of Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I used this company to obtain my open water and advance certification and my husband his rescue. We had prepaid before coming to San Pedro. Yes they had the best price and that was what I was looking for. However it was a bad experience all the way around. The owners are rude to the staff always rushing them to hurry and get off the dock not allowing them to do all the needed safety checks. I was signed up to dive for 4 days due to my certs the owners always gave my gear that I had used the previous day to a diver who would should up before my assigned time so then I would have to hunt to find new gear. They had engine problems with both of their larger boats. A lot of the gear is sub-pair....holes in BCDs and leaking LP hoses and regulators.

I was signed up to work with an instructor as I was the student. For my last dive I wanted to work on my buoyancy...supposed to be just me and my instructor. While on our break the owners signed 5 other experienced divers up for the trip and with my instructor as the only dive master I had to change my dive to accommodate them. I'm sorry last time I checked I was the one who was paying for the instruction and had been there for 4 days and these people just walked up. But I guess when you run a crappy(i would like to use another word) outfit you really don't care about your customers.

When the owner was confronted by not only me with major complaints out our last dive by the other 5 people on the boat she did everything she could to lay the blame on someone else and was not willing to take any responsibility. It was automatically the boat captains fault or the dive masters fault and she felt that their equipment was fine. Well I will say that the boat captain and the dive master did everything they could to try to make the best of a REALLY bad situation.

If it had not been for my dive master being so patient with me and really taking his time I would have walked away from Aqua Scuba on day 1!!!

1 Thank Michell J
London, United Kingdom
“Great dives, great people, great fun!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Me and a friend spent the last week of our month trip in San Pedro and wanted to spend the time diving, we booked all our dives with Aqua scuba. If you have been to San Pedro you'll know that there is a lot of competition as there are so many dive set ups. We researched quite a few. Aqua Scuba came up trumps in all areas including offering great deals for booking packages. We went back to the Blue Hole with them, Hol Chan marine reserve & if you like hanging out with nurse sharks I can totally recommend Tuffy Canyon & Tackle Box. Overall a great experience & I would be happy to recommend diving with Aqua Scuba.

Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Best Bang For Your Buck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We did 5 dives with Aqua Scuba from April 12th to the 18th. Overall, they were very helpful, we had three great dive masters and their prices were great and included all of the gear. A single tank dive was 45.00 plus 12 percent tax and as noted, included all the gear. They have a deal as well that is two tanks per day for two days, costing $110.00 US which is a savings. We did he Blue Hole trip which included a continental breakfast, lunch, the boat trip three tanks at three different dive sites or snorkelling at three different sites plus your day on the boat for 250.00 US diving, and maybe 180.00 for the snorkelling, could be wrong though, it may have been 160.00. You can also do a combo deal of both. I also did the night dive at Hol Chan which was interesting as different fish come put at night and hunt for food than during the day. That was an interesting experience and well worth it if you have never done it before. Some of the gear for this one was not working properly ie., one diver's light broke, the dive master lost the eye piece out of his mask, my depth gauge twisted out of the casing so it is always a good idea to make sure your equipment is all there and working properly before leaving for your trip. Overall though, we had a great time and would not hesitate to go back. The dive sites and masters were very good and we did the sites we wanted. The dive masters check with the group going, usually smaller, make sure different sites are visited based on everyone's previous dives and the safety of going outside the reef to the sites due to wind and current in the channels.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Terrible outfit.
Very disorganised at the outset, missing equipment from wet suits to fins, but this was only the start!

But after 2 dives we stopped for lunch at half moon Caye where we where given an hour to roam the tiny Caye... It was when we returned to the boat dock an hour later to see the dive boat motoring off into the distance!!!

Without even a head count the company had stranded my wife and I on the island!

From an experienced diver who has dived in Africa, Madagascar, Asia and the Caribeean, this was the most unprofessional outfit I have ever encountered. We managed to hitch a lift with the next dive boat to dock.

They should not be operating at all. Please beware of this company. They do not care about your safety and put lives at risk.

Visited February 2013