“Diving in Ambergris Caye” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Scuba Belize

Aqua Scuba Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Scuba is Belize's Ultimate Dive and Tour Center.
Aqua Scuba is proud to boast the newest and largest dive boats allowing us to
 accommodate individuals and groups with comfort and safety.
We are your one-stop shop for all diving and leisure related activities. Aqua Scuba is affiliated with the Ambergris Caye’s top Resorts and we can assist with air and room reservations. Contact us today to plan your trip to paradise!
Coos Bay
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Diving in Ambergris Caye”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We recently had the opportunity of going to Ambergris Caye after spending a week in the jungle. Our goal was to dive the Blue Hole but I was apprehensive because I had only gone down 44 feet here in the states. I chatted with Andre online prior to our trip and he recommended taking the advance dive course through Aqua Scuba. We decided that was a good course of action and our first dive was with dive master, Argyle Jex. Since we were the only divers in the class, we were with Argyle, alone, on our five courses of study, which made learning very specialized to our needs. Argyle was wonderful. He teaches with patience, honesty, and stresses safety. He does not belittle you if you ask questions and is very friendly and easy to talk to. We began with a night class and he pointed out all the sea life that comes out at night. Next we did deep dives. We went down 110 feet and he pointed out how colors change, and how reactions might be a little slower. We also did navigation, photography, and bouyancy. After the advanced course I felt very prepared to dive the Blue Hole. The apprehension I had felt faded away because of Argyle's teaching. My computer read 145 feet. I am sure I walked a little taller that day knowing I accomplished a goal and went down deeper than I have ever gone. I used the bouyancy techniques the remainder of the trip so I did not disturb any coral or fragile underwater plant life.. I highly recommend using Aqua Scuba and ask for Argyle if you plan on taking any PADI courses. After our class, I looked forward to diving everyday and logged about 16 dives in the clear warm water of Belize.

Visited April 2012

Frankenmuth, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dive Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

They have been on San Pedro for years, and I have been going there for 8 years or so (Aqua Dives Previously). However, this time, I think I am tired of getting the run around. Every time you sign up for something - the story changes on the boat as you are leaving the dock. "We are going to 'x',"... and then suddenly it is 'y'. They might have fruit for divers early in the week, but by Thursday and Friday, they know you are leaving and don't care. They are aboug 10-25% more expensive than other dive shops, and you still get dumped onto a boat with 20 other people. They go to the same close by dive holes, and as I said, your input to dive sites doesn't matter once you are on the boat. My daughter wanted to get certified, and they took us to Hol Chan "since it is shallow", but they went back there the day after two people died from the current. She was scared, said so, and promised another dive site, and still didn't listen. The owner will say anything you want to hear, then his wife tells you something else, the dive masters tell you something else, and then the boat captain goes where he wants to.

Visited April 2012
5 Thank KillerWarthog
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't go with this padi center”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

They are after the money only, don't care for safety. They toll us that is it going to be only 18 divers for the blue hole. But we ended going 32 people With the snorkeling grup And the staff . All the equipment were leaking Air Abril. 2012

3 Thank Ketchi
aquascuba22, Manager at Aqua Scuba Belize, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
We are sorry you feel this way about us. Our boat is a 57ft dive boat and licensed for 50 persons plus 6 crew. The max customers we take on the boat is 28 plus crew. We have 1 dive master for every 6 divers. There is a snorkel guide for every 7 snorkelers. Additional crew on the boat we have the captain and deck hand. The Belize Tourist Board allows 10 persons to one tour guide. Padi allows 8 divers to every dive master. As you notice our standards are a bit more conservative that the authorities.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Aqua Scuba Center: A+”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I am very pleased with my recent trip to San Pedro and with using Aqua Scuba Center (ASC) as our travel planner. We had a medical emergency with our family before we got to the island and ASC was very accommodating in re-arranging our schedule. We took four trips with them over a seven day period and because it was so easy/relaxed using them, my vacation felt as such. For all the people that get sea sick/motion sick, don't get upset with the company or boat captain, remember your dramamine! . ASC cancels tours when the weather is less than satisfactory. Overall I highly recommend ASC and would use them again if I ever go back, although I feel I saw everything there is in little Belize :). - Jonathon Wasser

Visited March 2012
Santa Barbara, California
“Blinkey is the dive master you want”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Blinkey was so patient w me- he double checked every ones equipment to ensure safety. He helps 1 person at a time get down if they are having equalizing issues. During the dive he kept his eye on everyone! I would recommend him as he made the experience way better!

Visited March 2012