“We did all three and loved it! Zipline/Cavetubing & Mayan Ruins.”
Review of Belize Jungle Trek

Belize Jungle Trek
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cruise Ship Passengers and Overnight visitors can enjoy some of the most unique adventures in Belize. Our tours are fun, safe and a must do at this port of Belize. Apart from the turquoise seas, the sandy beaches of the many islands dotted off our shores and the rich blanket of rainforest that spreads across the country, there is a world yet to be explored beneath the surface. Discover the secrets of the ancient Mayas tubing through an underground realm exploring majestic caves, known as the Mayan underworld. This cave tubing adventure is done several places in Belize, including at the Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve. Visitors can experience a journey of a lifetime into a dark but mysterious place and learn about the Mayas who utilized these caves from as early as 300 A.D. The Mayas who occupied Belize thousands of years ago, considered these caves as Sacred. The Mayas only visited these caves periodically to conduct important rituals.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We did all three tours in one day with these guys and had fun. We were staying at Captain Morgan's Retreat and they did not offer this tour. They only had Zipline and caves for $210US, I think. We just paid $20US more for all three and by flight instead of by boat. Luckily I did my research on the internet and found Belize Jungle Trek. Jovan took good care of us and told us all about his family and about Belize. We can't say how much we enjoyed our day with him. Thanks guys we will be back soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

My god, my husband and I had so much fun with these guys. They took good care of us and luckily we had them for ourselves. We are old people that don't like crowds so we researched and found this company. We didn't know what to expect since they are not No. 1, but should be, because they do a great job. Andre took good care of my husband with his bad back. We learned a lot about the country fell in love with the people. The tour we took was unbelievable. Caving in Belize is said to be very popular too. I would be happy to say that this company is one of the best and great at what they do.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

We had the privilege to book this tour with jovan via phone after we saw his website and was amazed. We went privately in our own air condition van and our own guide who was jovan, who happens to be the owner of this small company. My husband and I along with our 3 kids went ziplining and caving with him last week and was more than happy we did. We were going to book with other companies we saw here on tripadvisor but his website made us book with him. It's beautiful!! Anyway, we took the flight over to the mainland where he picked us up and drove us to the caves which was about an hour away. Along the way we learned a lot about Belize. That country is beautiful. When we got to there we went ziplining first. There were about 6 or 7 runs and they were high. I'm a little scared of heights so this wasn't my favorite. Our kids had fun though. Afterwards we had lunch which was also delicious. Rice and beans with stewed chicken was what we ate. Jovan said he could eat it every day. Reminded of my kids, they love PB and J sandwich, which they eat every day. After lunch we geared up and went tubing. First we had to walk for about half and hour through the jungle which was also beautiful. My kids had lots of fun asking him questions he was eager to answer. Along the way he pointed out trees and we even saw bats and two squirrel fighting. We then got to the entrance of the cave, sat on our tubes and floated through a huge cave that was amazing. Jovan kept us informed about why the cave was important to the Mayas who lived in Belize before and was really attentive to our safety too. We floated for about an hour and a half through the cave and on the river where we got some sun. When we got back to the ropes where we started my kids wanted to go again. (maybe next year). We walked back to the van which was not too far away and had some fruits and drank some belikin beers. Jovan said he prefer Budweiser, great! I guest we take things for granted too. All in all, we had a blast. Jovan we had a great time with you. Deffinately next year we will be back if the kids are good. Guys book with this company, especially if you are staying in Ambergris Caye, they really do a good job.

Shelly

1  Thank shelly4U
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We've been to Belize before and went on many tours but with other companies. We wanted to avoid the crowded boats so we decided to use someone new. After reading some reviews about other companies, we wanted to try a new and small company. So we called Belize Jungle Trek and made arrangements to go to the caves. They gave us a great deal for the 5 of us. These guys did a very good job in taking care of our kids and my Mom who is 67 years old. They had a nice van with good air condition and a cooler filled with sodas and beers. That made my day... I recommend this company to anyone who want a private tour and value for your money. There are many other companies out there but they are not a Belizean company, they are foreign owned. These guys are hard working Belizean young men and they do a very good job. Go ahead a try them out for yourself.

Paul and fam

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Belize is a great country with many things to see. I wasn't prepare to expect all we saw and did. I decided to take my family to Belize because we had stopped there some years ago on a cruise. We stayed in Ambergris Caye and wanted a guide to take us to see the ruins and the caves( we did the caves before on our cruise). After finding this company online we decide to give them a try. Well we are so happy we did. Our guide picked us up in Belize city in a air conditioned van had took us to our first destination. He briefed us off about what we were going to expect and told us many interesting things about Belize we didn't know. Once we got to the ruins, we were told that we might see some monkeys and we did. Right up on the trees next to the parking lot they were about four of them. The ruins was awesome too. We got to climb and take pictures. We even saw a village in Guatemala. We then went to have lunch at a nice little Belizean restaurant located in an orange orchard. The food was out of this world, great. Belizeans cook with lots of love. After lunch we went to the caves which was spectacular too. Our guide Jovan told us it was over 175,000 years old. The water was refreshing and perfect because it was a hot day. After the caves my wife and I sat a reflect while drinking an ice cold beer we had in our cooler. Our kids had fun too. They are 6 and 8 years old. I know they will have lots to tell their friends back at school.
If you want a private tour for your family try these guys out. They do a very good job and they gave us a really good price too. Try to stay away from huge groups because it takes away from the one-on-one time you have with your guide. Jovan is a really nice person too. He know a lot about his country and shows a passion in doing what he does. Don't worry guys we will tell all our friends. Go check out there website, its nice too. www.belizejungletrek.com

Matt