“Worth Visiting While on Ambergris Caye”
Review of The Baker

The Baker
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in San Pedro
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Orlando, Florida
“Worth Visiting While on Ambergris Caye”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We must have visited The Baker six times during our four days in San Pedro. The breakfast sandwiches were very good and a great value. We also got lunch take out twice -- good sandwiches on fresh rolls. The cinnamon buns alone are worth a visit. Everything was reasonably priced and service was friendly and quick. We were staying within walking distance and having The Baker close by was a terrific option when we were hungry!

• Greek first
Bothell, Washington
“Best bakery of the trip!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stopped by here almost every morning for cinnamon rolls, sausage rolls, and a couple loaves of bread to take back to the villa. Everything was terrific. Whole wheat bread was outstanding! Jalapeno bread was my personal favorite. Service was as friendly as could be found on AC and prices were reasonable. I can't imagine how they can work in that heat, but the kitchen was clean and you can't argue with the results. I owe them my thanks (and 3 pounds I gained on vacation). Loved it!

Canada
“Great baked goods and sandwiches”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our sandwiches and loved the cinnamon rolls and coconut tarts. There bread is also fresh baked and delicious. The prices are reasonable. It's a great place to stop for a snack or quick meal. Enjoyed our chat with the owner who is originally from Ireland. Delicious!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kerry R
“It's hot in there”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's a bakery on a tropical island, it's hot in there. But the baked goods (apple turnover and jalapeño cheese bread) were delicious. The strawberry and pineapple smoothies hit the spot. It's perfect to stop for a snack on the way into the bustling metropolis....

1 Thank wmsc
Arizona
“Average to below naked goods”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I have a hard time understanding the glowing reviews this place has received. I went there got cinnamon rolls, cookies, sausage rolls and none of them were even half as good as the Sugarfix bakery in Belize city.

The cookies were extremely hard Not tasteful and had a funny look to them. It was like they just didn't raise quite enough.

Some folks said this is because of tropical climate & I might have agreed with them had I not gone to Belize city and had one of the best cookies that I ever had from the sugar fix bakery.

Now the Baker did fix some really good breakfast burritos so I would definitely recommend them but I would stay away from their baked pastry goods.

2 Thank Palm_Canyon