“What's Not A Secret: How AMAZING This Place Is!”
Review of My Secret Deli

My Secret Deli
Ranked #32 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Mexican
Chicago, IL
“What's Not A Secret: How AMAZING This Place Is!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We are big foodies. During our 9-day stay on Ambergris Caye, there are only 2 restaurants we ate at twice; this was one of them.

I can't say enough good things about this place. It's small and a little hard to find, but it is SO worth seeking out. The food is delicious. The fried chicken--which was a lunch special the first time we went--is the best I've ever had in my life, and I was raised in the deep south.

Everything else is also delicious: the quesadillas, the fajitas, the stewed chicken, the pineapple smoothies (OH MY GOD), and even the BLT sandwiches!

Aside from the food being authentic and GREAT, the atmosphere is also very good. This place was noticeably clean. That's not to say that other places weren't, but I remember thinking "this is really, really clean for such a small and casual space."

The service is also very good, especially the graciousness of the owner (just look for the guy who resembles Che).

Finally, it is CHEAP. We paid $10 US for sandwiches, drinks, and fries for two.

One of my favorite finds in San Pedro!

• Visited March 2014

New Lisbon, Wisconsin
“Traditional”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I couldn't be in Belize without trying the national dish, Stewed Chicken w/Rice and Beans. Many locals said this is the place to try it. Don't be put off by the look of the place, step right up and order (to go). This WAS the place to go, delicious and inexpensive.

ohio
“Hidden surprise!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Cute place off a side street we found while renting bikes from Joes bike rental. We visited twice and loved the fry jack, coffee and burritos. Two small tables out on the street is great to watch the kids walk off to school. The servers were friendly and the food was good. Food tends to be expensive in Ambergris but this place is local and cheap!!

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Excellent Burrito!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

On my quest for the perfect pina colada while in San Pedro, My Secret Deli did not disappoint. My Secret Deli earns the 2nd place award (coming in behind Waruguma Restaurant) for Best Pina Colada on the Island! Trust me, I made it my mission to find the best.
My Secret Deli had decent service, but we caught them at lunch hour on a week day, and many locals were in trying to get lunch on their breaks.
The chicken burrito and steak fajitas were fantastic! Great prices for these items.

Visited February 2014
Mankato, Minnesota
“Big groups not recommended”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Amazing food, however, you could tell that they were not used to groups of more than 5. Cheap and delicious.

1 Thank Ashley M