What a beautiful place! My friend and her husband bought a condo here. She and I were there to finish decorating it for rental. Very close to the beach. We bought alcohol at the Belize city airport arrival duty free shop. Then got on a 14 passenger plane for 20 minutes to San Pedro. Hotel picked us up in a minivan. We rented a golf cart for the rest of the week. That is the main mode of transportation there. You can drink a beer while driving, but you drive the wrong way on a one-way street, its a hefty fine!! Charles from the Grand Caribe took us to a sandbar on the other side of the island by boat, found a ton of shells there. Booked a snorkel excursion from hotel lobby to Hol Chan reef preserve and then fed the nurse sharks at Shark Ray Alley. Catamaran was called Seaduced. Very nice crew. Had beer, chips and homemade salsa, rum punch, fresh fruit after snorkeling on the way to Caye Caulker. Saw a lot of beautiful fish plus two moray eels, an octopus, and a lot of sharks! Stayed on Caye Caulker for two hours. Very laid back island, no big hotels there. The condos at grand caribe are super nice. Looks like every unit has a view of the beach. They have their own pier. I did snorkel around the pier and saw a huge sting ray hanging out plus some small colorful fish. Could not snorkel past the end of pier due to high boat traffic though. Belizeans are a very friendly people and the food they cook is excellent! Looking forward to going back! FYI - during the daytime there is a $5 US fee to go over the bridge in golf cart - round trip. After 9:00 p.m., it's free, toll booth closes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro