My husband and I stayed for 2 weeks at Grand Caribe. Grand Caribe is a great place to rent in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. We enjoyed the beautiful condo C8, pools, beach, ocean and the staff.
Grand Caribe looks like the pictures you see online. We were upset about the ocean front condos being booked but once we arrived and had ocean view it did not matter. We could see the ocean, pools, main lobby area, and pool bar.Our condo was fully furnished and had a washer and dryer. Daily maid service was included!!
firstname.lastname@example.org Javier Perez email him for tours!!! He is amazing!!
PROS OF SAN PEDRO
We enjoyed touring throughout Belize.
Some suggestions if you are traveling to San Pedro.
Grocery Shopping- "Greenhouse" is the best place to find meat and fresh produce
Golf Cart Rentals- Cholos
Resort- Grand Caribe
Restaurants- Mojitos, Pinnochios Pizza, Wild Mango, Aji,
Stay at San Pedro if you want to interact with the locals, have great food, great music, family oriented, place for couples, and place for people with children.
Tours- Do not book your tours from Grand Caribe we learned quickly that they charge more for booking your tours. We hooked with this guy name Javier Perez. He is excellent. The tours were personal,(no large groups). Javier can take you where ever you would like to visit and if he is unable to do the tour he will arrange it with a friend to do it.
Javier is knows Belize including the cultural, history, ocean, fishing,parasailing, snorkeling, scuba diving, Mayan Ruins, Cave Tubing, Ziplining. Anything you can imagine Javier will be able to help you with it.
Grand Caribe is great but is lacking in a few things.
1) The pool bar is great except that they were out of a lot of product daily.
2) The pool bar owners are new at owning the bar and do a great job. We just wish they would have served other foods at dinner. (More local type dishes). Having more seafood would be nice as well
3) We wished there was a nice restaurant on the resort property
4) The front staff just does not know a lot about the activities and different things. This is not their fault they just need more training. They try their best at answering your questions
5) When booking tours they did not know which one to do, what the price was. They never would directly give us an answer on how much the trip would be. They said they would have to call to find out. It would be nice if the staff went on some of the activities so they could explain to the guest what the activities consisted of. What was a lot of fun, what was not so much fun.
If the staff knew more about the activities I think it would help the guest at deciding what to do and how much they should be spending.
Overall Grand Caribe was a great place to stay. It is new and I belive Management is trying to fix things.
I always felt safe at Grand Caribe. The security guards, housekeeping, front desk, pool bar employees always knew who we were at all times.
WE ENJOYED IT.
We just suggest for a nice restaurant to be on site and the front desk know more about the activities they are booking. And can come up with a package to sell to the guest with activities.
When we go on vacation we want to make it simple and not have to do all the research on what we want to do. We expect the locals at the resort to know what is fun and what is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro