“Yes, the ceviche”

Lily's Treasure Chest
Ranked #36 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lily Treasure Chest Located On Beachfont,two Docks After The Cayecaulker Water Taxi
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I started off not caring if Lily's served cat food as it's my first stop in San Pedro after the plane waiting for the water taxi. And I am an idiot because they really do have great ceviche.

Why? Generous portions and a blend of flavors esp cilantro. The corn chips also seemed extremely fresh. As in perhaps made minutes before you receive them.

My credentials: I always order ceviche. So that's a lot of ceviche.

For the second time, this was our first touch on the island after Tropic Air and the service was also excellent and the rum drinks great. They could abuse their position across from the water taxi but instead they make it a gift to visitors!

There are newer reviews for Lily's Treasure Chest

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Also a great place to pass the time while waiting for the water taxi. Might as well order a rum punch while you are at it!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stopped here for some appetizers and something small to eat. The ceviche was out of this world. It was so delicious - a variety of seafood and veggies, finely chopped and just the right amount of lime juice! Also ordered the fish and chips and the fish was amazing. The breading was really tasty! A definite must - relax outside, enjoy a cold drink and watch the activity on the beach. Might bring your bug spray.

1  Thank Tracy924
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We enjoyed sitting outside on our last night in San Pedro looking out at the waves breaking on the reef off shore. Lily’s TC has outdoor and indoor seating which is good for the rainy season. I was a little turned off by the design appearance of their menu. I likened it to a cheap fast food joint but we were hungry and it was convenient so we sat down. I guess the old adage don’t judge a book by its cover applied here. My wife had the snapper and I enjoyed the lobster. Both meals were quite good. FYI – Lobster season closes mid February so if you want to enjoy lobster on your Belize vacation make sure you get here while it is in season. Although the fish, shrimp, conch, and other seafood goodies are always available. I doubt we would have eaten at Lily’s TC on the weekend because of neighboring night spots that play music way too loud but that’s probably just product of us getting a little older. I our younger days we probably would have thought that was a bonus. Smile.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Everyone we spoke to, about 6 local people, said Lily's has the best ceviche and it truly was excellent. We ordered the trio of lobster, belize conch and shrimp. We had ceviche at two other restaurants in San Pedro, and they didn't compare to Lily's. It really was the best ceviche I've had in a long time. Aside from the fish, the sauce was perfect. It's wasn't too tart like may other's I've had, that you couldn't eat it without a tortilla chip. If you like ceviche, this is the best place to get it. There are 2 other options, just shrimp and just conch. Enjoy!!

1  Thank kathylynne1