“Best Post-Dive Lunch Ever!”
Review of Latitudes Cafe

Latitudes Cafe
Ranked #48 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Family owned Latitudes Café in San Pedro, Belize offers tasty meals, snacks and drinks, friendly service and a fantastic beachfront location. From our fresh fruit smoothies and popular milkshakes, to handmade wraps, filling burgers and more; join us for breakfast, lunch, or just a cold refreshing drink (alcoholic and non). Make sure to save room for our new desserts!
Reviewed March 20, 2014

San Pedro truly embodies a siesta lifestyle, with many restaurants not opening before 8 or 9am, closing by 2pm, then re-opening again from 6pm until 10pm/midnight for dinner. For those of us up early, heading out diving, then returning around 3pm, starved, there is virtually nothing but pub grub (which is ok), such as corn chips and salsa.
Refreshingly, Latitudes Cafe opens shortly after 6am and continues serving their niche menu until 3/4pm. There is no hard and fast closing time, as they will stay and let you eat and drink enjoying your company as long as you'd like to hang; it was so relaxed and refreshing. The owners have designed a very unique menu, providing North American classics such as the Canadian 'Lumberjack' breakfast, or a traditional 'Hungry Man' breakfast and pancakes, infused with mexican influences if that better suits your tastes.
Their lunch wraps are fantastic, I recommend the Curried Chicken Wrap with a bucket of beer - great combination. The owners are always there, quality control and customer satisfaction is key, and they are so friendly and down to earth, it makes for a unique stop.
I wish Tarek & Candy all the best with their dream, they are fantastic people, with great stories, who make great food in a relaxed environment. And oh, they make fresh the most amazing milkshakes using ice-cream that they have flown in from the mainland!! Really what more can you ask for.
John

There are newer reviews for Latitudes Cafe

Reviewed March 16, 2014

A nice place, the owner was super friendly and accommodating, allowing me to sit and wait for quite awhile before ordering anything and helping me out with trading Belize $ for American at the end of my trip. I had a peanut butter shake which was awesome and a wrap which was decent enough. Nothing to write home about, but I appreciated the service, and the location can't be beat

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stopped by here one morning for breakfast. Nice location on the beach and friendly service. The food was good. We would eat here again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Just arrived on the island, wanted to treat ourselves a good breakfast, the LC was just a few steps from our hotel, nice location... we thought that it would do the job perfectly.

We were nicely welcomed by the owner who kindly presented the house specialties.

We both took 2 yogurts with granola, my boyfriend an orange juice and a coffee, me a watermelon juice.

The orange juice tasted like bottle orange juice (and not one claiming 100% natural) and there were hardly 5 or 6 spoonful of yogurt in the bowl with as little granola as yogurt.

The pieces of fruit included pineapple, watermelon and banana. Poor as regards the fruit diversity on the island.

All this would have been ok had it not been the price. 18 dollars BZ for the yogurt, 51 for the whole breakfast. Quite an expensive bill for what we got.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I decided to stop and have breakfast at this little cafe on the beach in SanPedro. The service was good and I was waited on as soon as I sat down. Which was great, cause I could sit there and look at the beautiful beach and got to enjoy a nice ocean breeze. I ordered pancakes and eggs. The pancakes where fabulos and the eggs cooked over easy, which is not always "easy" to get on this island. Anyway the pancakes had bananas and were so light and fluffy. They were also large and filling. I did manage to finish most of them and had a good stab at the eggs. Before I left, I went in to get a soda to go and grabbed a fresh made muffin for later. By the way, a couple of hours later, that apple Cinnamon muffin tasted so good. I would recommend this cafe again, Tarek and Candy have a great spot, good menu and a very clean well managed place. Next will try lunch.