“Great seafood”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Ate a delicious meal at this fun restaurant in San Pedro, Belize. The staff is very attentive, service was excellent, and the food was superb. It happened to be my birthday, and they made it special.

There are newer reviews for El Patio Restaurant

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were drawn into the restaurant by one of the servers, Osmar. He offered us a 10% group discount (we were a group of 4, although I'm sure this gets offered frequently). I had the chicken fajitas which were amazing. My fellow diners had the fried chicken and the coconut curry snapper, which also got good reviews. The restaurant itself has a great atmosphere and I thought the sand floors were neat. Our server, Osmar, asked us our names and did a pretty good job of remembering them throughout our stay. Anytime we passed the restaurant after that he always greeted us with a smile and friendly hello. He did a great job of selling the place without being overbearing. Overall great food and service, but not the best value on the island... Worth trying once during your visit though.

1  Thank Crystal E
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were inticed by Osmar to come in and we were blown away. Grilled seafood special was fantastic as was the conch cerviche. Highly reccomend

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The waiters were strolling the streets looking for diners and we were sucked in. The service was fantastic but the food was very average. There was nothing spectacular about the food - all very average. To be honest, I was dissapointed. Given the other positive reviews, maybe we hit it on an off night. The conch was so-so, the fish sticks were good, the lobster fairly rubbery. Definitely nothing memorable.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had no plans to eat at El Patio. But the waiters working the strolling tourists were so charming and sincere we just had to take them up on their promise that the bland exterior of El Patio concealed a gem of romantic ambience. They were right. The place is lovely and the service is the best.

Our waiter Osman took excellent care of us without hovering. He even offered to add an appetizer and dessert to our meal for only $2.50 -- a great deal.

About the food. . . I so wanted the food to be great. It was decent, but not great. I ordered snapper in a coconut curry sauce and asked if it could be prepared mild. "Yes, absolutely." Thankfully, I don't mind some heat, so my meal was fine, but not as enjoyable as if it had arrived with a little less jalapeno influence. My husband ordered the Mixed Grill with french fries. El Patio's mixed grill was smaller and less tasty than the mixed grill at other restaurants like The Reef. And the fries were inedibly soggy, as if they had been lying around for a while or been cooked in oil that was not hot enough. The best part of our meal was the frozen key lime pie for dessert. Very yummy!

They had soccer playing on a TV in a corner, which made us want to come back the next day, have a beer, and watch the soccer game. Osman and my husband both love Barcelona, so we would enjoy bantering with Osman about that. But we probably won't be having lunch, which is too bad. Osman and his colleagues deserve a more competent cook, because they do a great job of getting people in the door.