“The Best Private Snorkeling Tour for my Husband”
Review of Grumpy & Happy

Grumpy & Happy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We Offer PRIVATE TOURS. Just your group alone with your own private guide. PRIVATE snorkel Tours to Hol Chan Marine Reserve. PRIVATE TOURS to Mayan Ruins, Cave tubing, Zip Line, Horseback Riding and other adventures.This company never mixes groups. Those with Special needs are welcome. The experience of having your own private guides cannot be underestimated. Conversation is easy and fun and relaxing from the start. Also Lorne and Jolene can cater totally to what you would like to do without compromise for others. Grumpy and Happy is a licensed tour operator registered with the Belize tourism Board.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I HIGHLY recommend this dynamic duo. If you have any reservations about snorkeling these are the duo to go with! I am a person of disability and had reservations about being able to go but my husband really-really wanted the opportunity...he did his research and found Happy and Grumpy and I am soooo glad he did! They were most professional: they explained everything in detail and eased my fears. They had the right equipment for me - prescription goggles and the best long ladder I've ever seen to help ease me into the water. The best part of the whole trip was the fact that 'Happy' was able to recognize my anxieties and did not make me feel stupid or embarrassed when I had to stop after 5 minutes and return to the boat...and that is how my husband got the BEST PRIVATE snorkeling tour. Thank you Happy and Grumpy!!!!

1  Thank Susan B
There are newer reviews for Grumpy & Happy

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the second private snorkeling tour we have had with Grumpy and Happy, they are the best! Grumpy and Happy are warm, friendly people who accommodate their customers in every way to make it a snorkeling trip you will never forget. They give great instructions for the inexperienced as well as take the time to point out beautiful sea life we would not have noticed otherwise. One of our party left a piece of jewelry on their boat and they went out of their way to get that back to us before we left the island. If you want a great snorkeling tour choose Grumpy and Happy, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I highly recommend this professional duo! My wife, teenagers and myself loved the snorkeling adventure and I especially appreciate the extra attention given to my 9 year old as Jolene guided her through the Hol Chan Marine reserve. She cannot stop talking about her experience! These folks are experts in giving families incredible ocean encounters. Sea turtles! Stingrays! Sharks! Eels! Coral! Fish fish fish! Fun fun fun!!!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were lucky to have Lorne and Jolene as our guides to Mexico Rocks on March 15th, and that morning snorkeling has proven to be the highlight of our week on Ambergris Caye. Our kids are 6 and 9 and Jolene and Lorne were great at recommending a spot that was perfect for them to experience the wonders of the reef. They were beyond fantastic with the kids, their ladder was perfect for getting in and out of the boat, and after much trepidation and coaxing our daughter exclaimed in wonder "why didn't you TELL me this was so fun?" They met us on our hotel dock, and they kids were equally thrilled with the juice and cookies they provided. We felt completely comfortable with them being watched by Jolene while we got to continue snorkeling. Thanks so much for that, Jolene.
We booked in advance with Grumpy and Happy (who both seemed quite happy) before arrived in Belize, and I am very glad we did.
The prescription masks they provided were wonderful too.
Thanks to you both for a GREAT time...the pictures are AWESOME!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked with Grumpy and Happy because last year when we went snorkeling we were herded in a large group with one guide and got no instruction on how to do anything = not the best time. This is the exacty opposite. We had the boat and Lorne and Jolene to ourselves and they are awesome! So patient and took the time to get each of us acclimated to the gear. We chose Mexico Rocks for the day and it was amazing. We felt safe and learned a lot about the creatures living in this beautiful reef. I can't rave enough about how great they are, the boat and the equipment they provide. Also, they were able to get my 72 year old father in the water - he was scared and not very agile so this took some real effort. The communication with them is excellent and the trip easy to book. We stopped for lunch at a really nice place in between our reef stops. This activity was the highlight of our trip. Thank you, Lorne and Jolene!