“Personalized tour of Hol Chan marine reserve well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grumpy & Happy

Grumpy & Happy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We Offer PRIVATE TOURS. Just your group alone with your own private guide. PRIVATE snorkel Tours to Hol Chan Marine Reserve. PRIVATE TOURS to Mayan Ruins, Cave tubing, Zip Line, Horseback Riding and other adventures.This company never mixes groups. Those with Special needs are welcome. The experience of having your own private guides cannot be underestimated. Conversation is easy and fun and relaxing from the start. Also Lorne and Jolene can cater totally to what you would like to do without compromise for others. Grumpy and Happy is a licensed tour operator registered with the Belize tourism Board.
Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Personalized tour of Hol Chan marine reserve well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Happy and Grumpy provide a very personalized snorkeling tour of Hol Chan. They are both very knowledgable, and experienced. If you want to avoid the busy tour group boats, and have a smaller, more intimate outing, this is it. They have the know-how, and are very firendly. We really enjoyed them showing us Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley! Richard and Lorraine.

Visited March 2013

Little Falls, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Snorkel Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We just returned from a snorkel tour with Grumpy and Happy in mid Febuary of 2013. We came by cruise ship and they arranged everything except the Taxi ride to and from the municipal airport. Everything went as planned and the sea life was upclose and wonderful. No problems with arrival times to and from the ship! They definetly will give you all the time snorkling that your body will physically endure (I am in shape and tired well before we had to leave) but also provided a more relaxed second half for my partner and her teenage daughter. But in addition to all that they are just the nicest people you will ever meet. They are knowledgable and great teachers of all you will see, they cater to you and you only, and if you really want to experience snorkling at its best without getting lost in a crowd this is a great value!

Sooke, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great for mobility challenged”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We found Happy and Grumpy when looking for a snorkel operator with a boat suitable for someone with significant erious back and knee issues, making a functional ladder/stair that goes well into the water essential. There were three in our party, one reasonably fit and active, one that has very limited mobility (limited walking with 2 canes) due to two worn out knees and a bad back and one that is senior with one knee replaced and the other on its way. All 3 of us are comfortable with the ocean and decent swimmers. They were prompt and helpful to pre-organize our trips and on our first day out quickly had everyone at ease. The ladder on the boat is extremely solid with a angle out from the boat (giving it more of a stair feel rather than straight up and down). While you certainly must be able to lift/pull yourself out of the water this was only slightly harder than a steep flight of stairs. The step over the edge of the boat was the toughest part if you don't have a good working knee. Jolene quickly sized up our ability and all 3 trips were excellent and well suited for us.

I hope to be back to Belize in the future and we won't think of using anyone else for our trips out to the reef.

Visited January 2013
Stafford, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was my 3rd time back to Belize. I can not swim (well), and have always feared being in deep water. Each time I have tried to snorkel (always wanted to), I have always chickened out until going out with Grumpy and Happy! Other guides I have taken in the past seemed more bent on the whole group and gave no special attention to individuals that needed it. That was not the case with Grumpy and Happy! Not only did I feel safe with Lorne's guidance, but he actually made it possible to finally see all the beauty found around the reef. He even took me a drop off point that was about 30 feet deep. I definitely did more then I thought I could do and it would not have been possible without the help of Lorne and Jolene! Personally, I think I got the best deal for the price, due to the memories that I would have never got if not for their awesome service. I wish I would have used them the first time I came to Belize as I now know what I have been missing out on. I will definitely use their services again next time I go back!

1 Thank Shawn W
South Hadley, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snorkeling with Grumpy & Happy - The Best in Belize!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We just returned from a 10-day snorkeling adventure in Belize. We did snorkeling trips with four different charter companies, but our private day with Grumpy & Happy was by far our best day on the water. They listened to our desires for the trip and planned snorkeling sites that were exactly what we wanted. They were very knowledgeable of the area and of the marine life. They allowed us to snorkel and take everything in at our own pace -- if we wanted to move on, we moved on, and if we wanted to linger on a particular reef, we lingered. From a practical standpoint from someone who has had a knee replacement, I was very grateful for their specialized ladder -- it made getting in and out of the water much simpler than on the other boats we took. The personalized attention was absolutely worth it, and both Loren and Jolene are great and interesting company for lunch as well!

1 Thank Monica P