“Wonderful Snorkel Tour!”
Review of Grumpy & Happy

Grumpy & Happy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Belize Snorkeling and Mainland Tours. PRIVATE Just your group with your own private guide. PRIVATE snorkel Tours to Hol Chan Marine Reserve. PRIVATE TOURS to Belize Mayan Ruins, Cave tubing, Zip Line, Horseback Riding and other adventures. This company never mixes groups. Those with Special needs are welcome. The experience of having your own private guides cannot be underestimated. Conversation is easy and fun and relaxing from the start. We cater totally to what you would like to do without compromise for others. Grumpy and Happy is a licensed tour operator registered with the Belize tourism Board.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We just returned from a snorkel tour with Grumpy and Happy in mid Febuary of 2013. We came by cruise ship and they arranged everything except the Taxi ride to and from the municipal airport. Everything went as planned and the sea life was upclose and wonderful. No problems with arrival times to and from the ship! They definetly will give you all the time snorkling that your body will physically endure (I am in shape and tired well before we had to leave) but also provided a more relaxed second half for my partner and her teenage daughter. But in addition to all that they are just the nicest people you will ever meet. They are knowledgable and great teachers of all you will see, they cater to you and you only, and if you really want to experience snorkling at its best without getting lost in a crowd this is a great value!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"loggerhead turtles"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We found Happy and Grumpy when looking for a snorkel operator with a boat suitable for someone with significant erious back and knee issues, making a functional ladder/stair that goes well into the water essential. There were three in our party, one reasonably fit and active, one that has very limited mobility (limited walking with 2 canes) due to two worn out knees and a bad back and one that is senior with one knee replaced and the other on its way. All 3 of us are comfortable with the ocean and decent swimmers. They were prompt and helpful to pre-organize our trips and on our first day out quickly had everyone at ease. The ladder on the boat is extremely solid with a angle out from the boat (giving it more of a stair feel rather than straight up and down). While you certainly must be able to lift/pull yourself out of the water this was only slightly harder than a steep flight of stairs. The step over the edge of the boat was the toughest part if you don't have a good working knee. Jolene quickly sized up our ability and all 3 trips were excellent and well suited for us.

I hope to be back to Belize in the future and we won't think of using anyone else for our trips out to the reef.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was my 3rd time back to Belize. I can not swim (well), and have always feared being in deep water. Each time I have tried to snorkel (always wanted to), I have always chickened out until going out with Grumpy and Happy! Other guides I have taken in the past seemed more bent on the whole group and gave no special attention to individuals that needed it. That was not the case with Grumpy and Happy! Not only did I feel safe with Lorne's guidance, but he actually made it possible to finally see all the beauty found around the reef. He even took me a drop off point that was about 30 feet deep. I definitely did more then I thought I could do and it would not have been possible without the help of Lorne and Jolene! Personally, I think I got the best deal for the price, due to the memories that I would have never got if not for their awesome service. I wish I would have used them the first time I came to Belize as I now know what I have been missing out on. I will definitely use their services again next time I go back!

1  Thank Shawn W
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We just returned from a 10-day snorkeling adventure in Belize. We did snorkeling trips with four different charter companies, but our private day with Grumpy & Happy was by far our best day on the water. They listened to our desires for the trip and planned snorkeling sites that were exactly what we wanted. They were very knowledgeable of the area and of the marine life. They allowed us to snorkel and take everything in at our own pace -- if we wanted to move on, we moved on, and if we wanted to linger on a particular reef, we lingered. From a practical standpoint from someone who has had a knee replacement, I was very grateful for their specialized ladder -- it made getting in and out of the water much simpler than on the other boats we took. The personalized attention was absolutely worth it, and both Loren and Jolene are great and interesting company for lunch as well!

1  Thank Monica P
See more reviews
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked our trip with Lorne and Jolene prior to leaving on our adventure to Belize and we had a wonderful time with them both on our snorkelling trip. We were very grateful for their experience as divers and especially happy with the way they made all four of us feel safe and welcome. Their boat was very nice, clean and well maintained... Lorne loves his boat! We have two kids (11 and 12) and we all thought that the snorkelling was incredible!! Lorne and Jolene knew where to go (we went to two different locations) where we saw a multitude of fish species, eels, rays and sea turtles. It was incredible as were our guides. Lorne and Jolene also booked two other trips for us with trusted guides, which were also excellent! Grumpy and Happy work well together and are an excellent team, we will definitely go with them on our next trip to beautiful Belize!

1  Thank Dean W