“Excellent dining”

Aji Tapa Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A one of a kind 5 Star Tapas Lounge and Restaurant situated on the enchanting island of Ambergris Caye, Belize. Come visit us for an exotic cocktail under our Palapa bar, or bring the family to dine in our outdoor beachfront restaurant. Enjoy the myriad of flavors our tapas menu has to offer and relax in the moonlight inside the tropical Tapas lounge . Looking to celebrate? Our beautiful property is perfect to house your wedding, or specialized private event, alongside our event coordinators. .If you plan on visiting Ambergris be sure to visit Aji, where you will be captivated by the tropical, romantic atmosphere, fine food and fun friends you will make while visiting.
Thornton, Colorado
“Excellent dining”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our first trip to Belize. Staying at Grand Caribe on Ambergris Caye. Walked about 500 feet up the beach and tried a beach front restaurant called Aji"s for dinner. Oh my gosh! The red snapper was the best I have ever tasted and the service was impeccable. The owner came by and chatted briefly. We learned the fish were fresh that day.

GOING BACK AGAIN!!

Denver, Colorado
“ahh. a nice relaxed dinner.”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

this was all good. the staff were attentive, the food was the best we found on the island, the wine selection was good, the ambiance was relaxed with lighting and and lack of flies.

Visited December 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Great food, fun surroundings”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very fun location, outdoor dining with sand as your floor, really nice at night. We had 4 different dinner items, excellent fish and paella. We stayed at Grand Caribe, about 500 yards on the dark beach path, bring a flash light (or cell phone). Can also get here via taxi on the "road" and via water taxi.

Visited December 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
“Best Meal In Belize”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I were fortunate enough to eat here one night on our honeymoon. There is much to be said for this restaurant.

The food: Unfortunately, we had only one meal at this restaurant, so I can only speak for a limited amount of items on this menu. I had the paella mixta, which I understand is one of the more popular items, but my wife's meal, the grouper caribena with parmesan sauce, was literally out of this world. As I said, the food was amazing (and the drinks weren't bad either).

The atmosphere: The restaurant is outdoors on the beach. Unlike the beach-side restaurants in town, there are not a million people walking by per second, which makes the site more relaxing. Obviously, it overlooks the water, and the trees with the lights in them really set a romantic room for a date night.

The service: The servers were not only attentive and friendly, but they make sure that all aspects of our meal were perfect. When my wife said she was cold (the restaurant is outside after all), the server got her a blanket, when we noticed there were a couple of mosquitos (again, its an outdoor restaurant in the tropics), they brought us some Off. It was obvious that the servers actually wanted to be there, and they made us feel very welcome.

1 Thank bob p
Dallas, Texas
“Great Setting & Great Food”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I don't remember exactly what we ate, but do remember it was awesome. I think I had some kind of a soup. I do remember the bill was $100 USD for a meal for two and that was without drinks! Well, we had actually met an awesome couple who was there for a wedding. They introduced us to the restaurant and knew the owners. They thought they were begin given a free bottle of bubbly to celebrate their wedding... unfortunately the $40 was put on our tab and we didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise. Other than that, it was a great place!