“Best Meal In Belize”

Aji Tapa Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 183 Restaurants in San Pedro
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A one of a kind 5 Star Tapas Lounge and Restaurant situated on the enchanting island of Ambergris Caye, Belize. Come visit us for an exotic cocktail under our Palapa bar, or bring the family to dine in our outdoor beachfront restaurant. Enjoy the myriad of flavors our tapas menu has to offer and relax in the moonlight inside the tropical Tapas lounge . Looking to celebrate? Our beautiful property is perfect to house your wedding, or specialized private event, alongside our event coordinators. .If you plan on visiting Ambergris be sure to visit Aji, where you will be captivated by the tropical, romantic atmosphere, fine food and fun friends you will make while visiting.
Jackson, Mississippi
“Best Meal In Belize”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I were fortunate enough to eat here one night on our honeymoon. There is much to be said for this restaurant.

The food: Unfortunately, we had only one meal at this restaurant, so I can only speak for a limited amount of items on this menu. I had the paella mixta, which I understand is one of the more popular items, but my wife's meal, the grouper caribena with parmesan sauce, was literally out of this world. As I said, the food was amazing (and the drinks weren't bad either).

The atmosphere: The restaurant is outdoors on the beach. Unlike the beach-side restaurants in town, there are not a million people walking by per second, which makes the site more relaxing. Obviously, it overlooks the water, and the trees with the lights in them really set a romantic room for a date night.

The service: The servers were not only attentive and friendly, but they make sure that all aspects of our meal were perfect. When my wife said she was cold (the restaurant is outside after all), the server got her a blanket, when we noticed there were a couple of mosquitos (again, its an outdoor restaurant in the tropics), they brought us some Off. It was obvious that the servers actually wanted to be there, and they made us feel very welcome.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bob p

Dallas, Texas
“Great Setting & Great Food”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I don't remember exactly what we ate, but do remember it was awesome. I think I had some kind of a soup. I do remember the bill was $100 USD for a meal for two and that was without drinks! Well, we had actually met an awesome couple who was there for a wedding. They introduced us to the restaurant and knew the owners. They thought they were begin given a free bottle of bubbly to celebrate their wedding... unfortunately the $40 was put on our tab and we didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise. Other than that, it was a great place!

• Visited January 2014
Hoboken, New Jersey
“the best food in belize”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

my girlfriend and i had aji last monday night and we thought the ambiance and food was the best we had in belize. for our appetizers, we shared the seafood soup (which was excellent) and the shrimp in garlic (very good). for dinner, we had the grouper (without any cheese) and the paella and they were each absolutely sensational. we are looking forward to going back tomorrow evening before we leave saturday.

Visited January 2014
Washington, DC
“Enchanting setting, good food”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great atmosphere, its like a secret garden on the beach front. Good fresh seafood, creative and varied dishes and great service.

Visited January 2014
Vineland, New Jersey
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We walked to this restaurant from our resort for lunch. We ordered some tapas for lunch and some drinks. The place was on the beach, cute tables, comfortable chairs, strands of lights over the table for the evening(must be great at night), lots of trees for shade. I enjoyed my Margarita and artichoke dip. It was different than I am used to ordering, but very good. I cannot remember what my husband had, but I do know it was very good. I'd love to go back for dinner next time.

• Visited December 2013