“quaint lunch in the "jungle"”

Aji Tapa Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 183 Restaurants in San Pedro
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A one of a kind 5 Star Tapas Lounge and Restaurant situated on the enchanting island of Ambergris Caye, Belize. Come visit us for an exotic cocktail under our Palapa bar, or bring the family to dine in our outdoor beachfront restaurant. Enjoy the myriad of flavors our tapas menu has to offer and relax in the moonlight inside the tropical Tapas lounge . Looking to celebrate? Our beautiful property is perfect to house your wedding, or specialized private event, alongside our event coordinators. .If you plan on visiting Ambergris be sure to visit Aji, where you will be captivated by the tropical, romantic atmosphere, fine food and fun friends you will make while visiting.
Syracuse, New York
“quaint lunch in the "jungle"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I and two friends had lunch at Aji on our recent trip to Ambergris Caye. We shared zucchini ravioli, garlic shrimp, fish tacos and bacon wrapped dates. All of the dishes were delicious, but the dates were delectable. I would also recommend trying the Purple Parrot to wash it all down.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank coleen11479

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Breakfast Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I came here for breakfast at the start of our vacation, I read about the seafood eggs benedict and had to try it. We were still on US time & ended up arriving here early, so we walked the beach & sat at a palapa/pier dock right next to this restaurant and enjoyed the scenery. Needless to say, I was ravenous by the time we were seated & couldn't order my seafood eggs benny fast enough. The waiter brought out the coffee, just like I like it, hot & strong, thank God - I hate weak coffee. Score 1 point. Then out came the Seafood Eggs Benny & they were wonderful! Score 2 points. Our male server was very nice & polite. Score 3 points and the bill was very reasonable. Score 4 points. We wanted to try dinner but never made it back, I'm grateful though that we were able to experience this very nice restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank bjtours
Martinez, Georgia
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The first place we dined on the night we arrived. The food and sevice was great. Beautiful open air seating by the caribbean. Only issue was, the bathroom looked clean but didn't smell clean.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Lisa G
San Pedro, Belize
“Beautiful spot, so so food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Lunch at Aji was a bit disappointing. First the service - I ask the waiter two things - what kind of fish is the fish and chips and is the salad made with head lettuce - the answer to both was - I don't know. Not I will find out for you just I don't know. The appetizer we had was fried cheese which was barely cooked so the cheese was still hard inside and was also tasteless. My husband had the special fish tacos which were good but you need two orders as was very small portions. I had the fish and chips, the portion size was good but just run of the mill. Our meals with two cokes was $75bz, which is a bit pricey for lunch. What redeamed Aji is it is a lovely spot, romantic and right on the sea. I think maybe it would be a better spot for dinner and order off the dinner menu.

• Visited February 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Romantic setting,good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants on the beach. The whole experience was enjoyable. Tables are set out under the trees with plenty of room to provide for privacy.We particularly enjoyed the shrimp tapas and the red snapper. Prices are on par with others in the area - expensive. If you visit in the evening be sure there is the usual breeze or the bugs will spoil your meal as with all the other beach restaurants.

Visited March 2013