“Continues to be great!”
Review of Island Secret - CLOSED

Island Secret
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mexican, Thai
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was in San Pedro for a week of diving and stopped by Island Secret. I've been there during each of my trips. I continue to be pleased by the quality of both the food and the hospitality. I ordered fajitas and they came with a side salad, some tortillas and hummus. Fantastic! Mohammed (he also goes by William) is a great chef.

You'll find this place located on the other side of the street and down a bit from the Greenhouse Market. It's a great place!

2  Thank ElGringoViajero

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Unfortunately, we had some of the most unusual - in a not-good way - hummus and baba ganouj in recent memory. We ordered a variety of vegetarian and meat dishes. The meat dishes and the tabouleh were OK. But the hummus and baba were, quite simply, horrid. Ali Baba is another Middle Eastern restaurant in San Pedro, with better chicken, hummus and baba, but the tabouleh at Island Secret is far superior. Really only worth it if you simply must eat Middle Eastern fare.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had just arrived on the island and were famished! The sign saying ' hummus' caught our eyes plus the oven full of roasted chickens! It is super delicious. Portions are huge, the garlic sauce is so good and the hummus to die for! We stayed 3 days on the island and went to Mohammed ( the owner) everyday for lunch!

1  Thank fefa79
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I went here with a group of six, and all of us had the kebabs, which didn't look or taste like one. The hummus and baba ganough were very good, it is was not for that the entire meal would have been a waste. The rice dishes were severely oversalted, some to the point of being enedible.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stopped in Island Secret again after being away from Ambergris Caye for two years. Mohammed (he also goes by William) continues to demonstrate his mastery of Lebanese food. At his suggestion, I ordered the Lamb Kebab which came with salad, hummus, and tortillas. The food was outstanding. Mohammed has a fascinating life and I encourage you to get to know him as well. The whole meal including beverage and tip came to US$15. This is also on my "must visit" list each time I come to San Pedro.

1  Thank ElGringoViajero