“WOW! LOVED IT!! Perfect house in Ambergris Caye”
Casita outside
ocean right in front
Outside, driveway
our beach
perfect swimming conditions
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
tina49
tina49
“WOW! LOVED IT!! Perfect house in Ambergris Caye”
Reviewed August 20, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

I studied so many places in San Pedro and picked this GEM from all the positive reviews, and It couldn't have been more perfect.
I'm a 57 year old woman and traveled to Belize alone, and Casita Buena Vista exceed all my expectations and I'm pretty picky, I want all the comforts of home and the Casita delivered 5*****. This place was 1st class all the way!
From booking to departing the island, Wolfgang, Eldon & Mirta were the most gracious & helpful hosts I've ever experienced. Wolfgang got me a discounted flight from the main airport to the island & back. He arranged cheap transportation from the airport, had a golf cart waiting at the house (at the best rate & the only way to travel in San Pedro), a gallon of the freshest juice I've ever had & delicious pastries were there for my arrival.
The Casita looked EXACTLY like the pictures! Not one detail was overlooked, It's actually better than the photo's and that's rare.
It was Huge, tastefully decorated and Spotless!!!
The deluxe amenities were amazing for Belize (or for that matter, more than many of the 5 * properties I've stayed at on Hawaii & Mexico). A fully stocked kitchen equipped with everything you need, a large comfortable living room, Cable TV's with so many American channels with bonus of HBO, Showtime, Starz, Encore and all sports channels. Good Wi-Fi, a gorgeous bathroom, great AC, and the best private swimming beach at your front door.

Wolfgang gives you a VIP tour of the best places in town with pit stops at Maria's fresh fruit stand, a taco place, and a homemade rum-coffee-cigar bar. He knew so many locals, and everyone was so friendly.
Eldon helped me arrange my tour (best rate again) to Hol Chan Reserve & Shark Ray Alley, and I snorkeled successfully for the 1st time in My Life!!! It was incredible! Wolfgang even walked me to the dock where they pick you up, and made sure to ask the tour guide to assist me as I was alone, and that's probably why I was able to breathe and not get water in my mask or mouth, the guide had my arm and swim with him, I saw the most beautiful fish, turtles and coral.

The location was perfect, just 2 miles on the South side of town, which was so lush & tropical vs. the North side which had too many Mega Condo complexes that were so sterile & unappealing. Plus the South side had some great restaurants, my favorite was the Black Orchid very close to the Casita, and I had several meals there. The owners Judyann & Tom built their dream restaurant, Judyann is lovely and attends to all details, the food, service and ambiance was A-1!

Wolgang has 2 dogs, Tiger & Cookie. Well, if you get a homesick for your dogs, Cookie takes care of that! He's a golden lab with a heart of gold that I adopted while there. Whenever I was in the Casita, Cookie was with me, day & night, and would wait for my return on the little road to house. We watched movies and had late night snacks!!! Embarrassingly, most of my Belize photo's were of Cookie, I still miss him!

San Pedro to me was the best part of Belize, and much of that was due to this great vacation rental. True paradise & My best trip ever!!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Management Response
Aug 21, 2015
Christy,

Thank you for your excellent review. Given the fact that you yourself are a celebrity and also the daughter of Hollywood stars, this means a lot to all of us.

Wishing you the best for your live. Now that you made it to become a secure and great snorkeler, we will hopefully be able to welcome you back.

Wolfgang, Mirta, Eldon and Cookie
Kev H
Los Angeles, California
“quality place in great location”
Reviewed August 18, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

A great place. The Casita is spacious, modern, charming and very well maintained. Maid service is included and also your personal laundry.

The location is perfect, still close to town but in a quite neighborhood. The private beach is beautiful with large palm trees throughout. Cookie the beach dog will keep you company.

Eldon and Mirta were charming and provided great service for cleaning and laundry. The golf tour was extremely helpful and the restaurant and shopping tips great.
The wifi with my laptop was good all around the Casita but sketchy with the small cell. You had to sit at the dining table near the window.

Congratulations and a Thank You for a great time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: personal service, great price !
People with pets
Finemural...
“Best place to spend our 20th Anniversary”
Reviewed November 8, 2014 for a stay in November 2013

My husband & I get really nervous being out of our element when we travel but from the time we stepped off of the boat and then being greeted by Wolfgang, us we felt right at home. He was gracious enough by giving us a tour of the town with Cookie his dog. He showed us his favorite places to go. One place he enjoyed very much was Maria's Market which we stopped at everyday during our stay to pick up fruit, freshly made fruit juice and delicious salsa made daily. Anything we needed we could always ask his staff, Eldon and Mirta who were both very nice and helpful! We enjoyed traveling the town on our golf cart and coming and going as we pleased. Wolfgang is by far a wonderful host! We cannot wait to come back!

Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
court_dpu
Springboro, Ohio
“Romantic getaway with a private beach!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I planned a trip to San Pedro for almost a year. We were definitely excited to get to Belize and let the vacation begin! When you put this much time & effort into a vacation - you want it to go smoothly! And it was absolutely an amazing 10 days.

With the personal touches from Wolfgang, Merta & Eldon our trip definitely went smoothly. First off the beach is just breathtaking. We stayed in June so I assumed I was going to be hot every day and need a pool! Absolutely not - never once did I even get in the ocean to cool off. (Even though I could have gotten in via the docks or the ladder) The beautiful palm trees kept us cool and we napped almost every day on the beach. Plus, the ocean breeze is very cooling as well. It's the perfect spot to catch a nap or read a book quietly. The docks were also great - I could dip my legs in the ocean and check out the beach from the water. One night we ventured out on the docks to watch the stars!

Things to consider - this is a personalized experience, not a Club Med/all inclusive resort where you are treated like another number. So if you're looking for that type of experience - this just isn't for you. As for us, we were ready to try a rental & it was fantastic! Eldon and Wolfgang gave us great restaurant recommendations plus all kinds of helpful local advice! Plus, as a female, I liked having extra people around for security reasons.... not to mention Cookie & Tiger were great as well! :)

The Casita is the smaller house, but by all means it's plenty of room for 2 people. I loved the updated bathroom - there was plenty of space and the shower was gorgeous ...think giant palm trees & flowering trees right out your window. It felt very homey - not like a hotel room. I can't describe it, but it feels as though you are staying at someone's house but have all of the privacy you need. Wolfgang goes out of his way to make sure you have everything you need. We really appreciated all that he did for us - from giving us tips to rent a golf cart to actually helping us book a round trip flight back to & from Belize City. And did I mention fresh squeezed juice? He told us about the best place to find juice, fresh salsa, and fresh mangos. My dream of eating mango's next to the ocean barefoot came true! :)

Finally, we had a great time with the couples staying in the larger house. We went out to dinner with them one night and had a blast. There will be many memories I take back from this trip...from the restaurants to the unparalleled snorkeling/diving. (Blue Hole anyone??!) Finally, the memory that will get me through the rough midwestern snow days: being next to the beach & being the most relaxed I've ever been! :)

All I can say is that if you are thinking this might be the right rental for you, and you're ready to try adventurous (or relaxing) getaway - you will find both in Belize! Thank you Casita Buena Vista staff & friends!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to the beach
Liked least: Some electronics (fans) did not work too well
jmbertram...
Stewartsville nj
“Amazing time, we will definitely be back!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Christian and I have officially been back from our vacation for a couple of weeks now, and I still feel like I am living in Belize time. Our vacation was wonderful! We chose Wolfgang's property based on all the other positive reviews and photos, and our experience was better than we could've imagined! The Casita was clean, spacious, and it felt like our own home! On our first day, Wolfgang took us on a tour of San Pedro to show us some of his favorite eateries as well as the places to get basic necessities. We had fresh fruit and baked goods from Maria's fruit stand and The Bakery, and it was all delicious! We also got some fresh ground Guatemalan coffee and Rum Coffee creamer which we enjoyed every morning to start our day with a kick :) All of his recommendations were spot on! His dogs, Cookie and Tiger, were also an absolute delight to have around as well. It made me miss my dog a little less :)

The weather was not as ideal as hoped for during the first part of our day (very windy so cancelled dives), but despite that, we had a great time. We were fortunate enough to make some new friends staying at the Casa (Theresa and Grant), and they ended up giving us a ride into town and spending several meals together! Christian and I also did a lot of walking into town, and we were very pleased with the beach walk and felt safe the entire time. Walking may not be for everyone if you want to just take a quick trip into town, so maybe at least a bike rental to get you there quicker would be worth it.

All in all, Belize is a beautiful country and a great place to really learn how to relax, and Wolfgang's property is an ideal location to make you feel like a local. We want to personally thank Wolfgang and his staff for the hospitality and making us feel like we were at our own home away from home <3 We will be back!!

People with pets
BigAlChic...
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful and serene”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

What can I add to the many wonderful reviews written about Wolfgang and Eldon?

You will fall in love with Cookie.
You will accept cups full of fresh coconut juice from Eldon some mornings and pour it into your coffee.
You will rent bicycles or golf carts and drive over sandy, muddy roads to get to and from the town center.
You will take luxurious (although fruitless) showers in the casita bathroom that leave you damp for 23 hours (because JUNGLE).
You will be taken around to the notable restaurants and markets in town on Wolfgang's golf cart.
You will buy banana bread and guacamole from Maria's fruit stand every day.
You will have your clothes and towels laundered for you by Eldon once a week, twice if you ask nicely.

You should:
-Walk a block away from the casita to the tours and excursions office and pay whatever it costs to go out to the Hol Chan Reserve (Shark Alley). Belize has the second largest barrier reef in the world and the bluest water you'll ever see in your life.

-Leave your opened bottles of alcohol in the casita for the next guest or invite yourself into the main house with the premise of "I've got a little extra booze".

-Sit quietly on the beachfront and watch the wildlife - crabs, fish, pelicans, bats, you name it. It's a beautiful ecosystem.

-Bring a bag and pick up the trash that floats up on the beachfront mid-days. It's everyone's problem (who knows, it may have come from Florida, Puerto Rico, etc)

-Enjoy a tropical rain storm on the patio. The power will probably go out for a bit (again, JUNGLE) but when it does, the sky is gorgeous.

All in all, it was a wonderful visit, but far too brief. To our gracious host from these Chicagoans -- hope to see you again sometime, friend.

Management Response
Mar 17, 2014
Carrie and Allison,

Thanks for your fitting description and great review . . . but I may add:

Meanwhile we did expand the bathroom, larger and with three large windows and a ceiling fan; brand new, all in natural lime stone, tiled up to the ceiling. Also Mirta, our maid is cleaning mid week and end of the week and she will gladly include your personal laundry at any day.

Yes, plastic in the ocean --we believe it's often from cruise ships-- is a problem everywhere where you will have an onshore breeze. However, good Caribbean locations set themselves apart also by having a nice and cooling on-shore ocean breeze. That onshore breeze will not only keep you cool while on the beach but will also keeps bugs away :)

We hope we'll see you back for another great vacation.
Thanks again from Belize.

Wolfgang, Eldon, Mirta and Cookie
sjfreitag
Madison, Wisconsin
“The Perfect Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

I have been planning to travel to Belize for several years and finally made the trip. It was well worth the wait!! We chose Ambergris caye and spent 9 wonderful days exploring, diving, snorkeling, and partying. After some research we chose the Casita Buena Vista for our vacation palace and it was a great choice. Our host, Wolfgang was wonderful and made sure we were well taken care of. Our 1st morning he took us for a tour of San Pedro, showing us the best local places to eat, drink, etc. He even bought a traditional Belizean breakfast and Guatemalan coffee His housekeeper Marita not only made sure the casita was spotless, but also did our laundry and brought us homemade Johnny cakes. Eldon is the groundskeeper and kept the beach and grounds immaculate. He even helped carry in groceries and set the grill up so all I had to do was toss a match and grill. Twice a local fisherman stopped by with fresh catch from the previous night. Nothing like fresh grouper on the grill. The casita has all the amenities and everything was in good working order. The whole house had been recently remodeled and was very comfortable. The day of the super bowl our TV lost sound, but Wolfgang had a replacement hooked up and ready by kick off. The private beach was wonderful for relaxing in the sun and you could snorkel right off the shore and see many creatures, including a moray eel. I have traveled many places in the Caribbean but Ambergris Caye is by far my favorite. The accommodations at the Casita Buena Vista had a lot to do with making this such a wonderful vacation. We are already talking about going back next year and will definitely be staying with Wolfgang at his beautiful Casita

Liked best: everything
Liked least: there was not a thing I disliked
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing