“Magical, Memorable, Magnificent Belize Vacation!”
Casita outside
ocean right in front
Outside, driveway
our beach
perfect swimming conditions
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
galsmiley...
Sparta, New Jersey
“Magical, Memorable, Magnificent Belize Vacation!”
Reviewed May 22, 2011 for a stay in May 2011
people found this review helpful

I spent a week at the lovely Casita Buena Vista (May 14-21, 2011).

Upon arrival via taxi from the ferry, Eldon, the caretaker, Merta, the housekeeper, and Wolfgang, the host, greeted me. Also involved in the greetings were Wolfgang's affectionate and friendly dogs: Affie and Cookie! After a quick tour of the grounds and Casita, and some time to refresh while my golf cart was delivered, Wolfgang took me on a comprehensive tour of town, pointing out favorite shops and eateries, taking me inside a few for samples, and explaining the general layout of the island. This tour provided a wealth of information and was much appreciated! Back at the Casita, Merta handed me a bunch of bananas just picked from the tree right on the property!

The Casita is very spacious, comfortable, and well appointed. Eldon and Merta are delightful. Never a morning went by without Eldon's friendly greeting and inquiry as to my nights rest. The bed is comfortable, the water pressure excellent. There are two nice televisions that I barely watched, as my time in the casita was spent corresponding with friends and family back home thanks to a very reliable wifi connection (bring your laptop!). I befriended the people renting out the first floor of the main house, which looked lovely, indeed. We all enjoyed various tours with Suya Tours, just three properties down (I'll be reviewing them as well). I had some ants in the kitchen, but it was my own fault for leaving food out. No problems with mosquitoes, or other biting insects. Be sure to bring a good quality bug lotion (I used Ultrathon).

As a solo female traveler, I felt very relaxed and comfortable on this property, and in this neighborhood. Wolfgang and his staff have a wonderful way of making you feel right at home, like old friends visiting for week. Cookie became my surrogate pet, and accompanied me on many beach walks and golf cart rides into town when I picked up groceries. I would highly recommend a golf cart; it's a fun and reasonably priced way to get around town. Use Carts Belize, they're awesome.

And while the Belize Barrier Reef is the star of the show, the snorkeling out in front of the property is quite pleasant, too! And the fishing off the dock just steps away was wonderful. I caught 5 snappers one morning, which made for a tasty dinner that night!

When visiting, be sure to visit Lazy Croc BBQ, Maria's stand for the best pineapples, juices and banana bread, Mr. Joe's, Suya Tours, Mannelly's Ice Cream (get the coconut!), Rum, Cigar & Coffee house (great coffee!), Wine and Vine for imported cheese and meats, and I know I'm missing a million other things. But most of all, give Cookie and Effie a scratch behind the ears, and my best regards to Wolfgang and his staff. I hope to return again someday.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Frekki994
Reno, Nevada
“Best Vacation Ever!”
Reviewed May 16, 2011 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the Casita Buena Vista from April 28 through May 7 and experienced the best vacation we've ever had. Our stay at Wolfgang's casita was beyond our expectations! I'm a little surprised by the comments of the guests from Sunnyvale that stayed there in December. Have they ever heard of a product called "Off". And if you kept the kitchen counters wiped down and clean and the window by the kitchen closed, the ants weren't a big problem. And seriously? They thought it was a hard bed? Firm, yes, but hard 'no'. I guess they have never stayed at any of the resorts or hotels in Mexico... We slept very comfortably every night. I guess if you're used to a plush, 5-star resort, this isn't the place for you. But if you like privacy and comfort on the most beautiful island in the world, this is the perfect place to stay.

As other guests have stated, Wolfgang and his staff, Eldon & Merta, were all fantastic and made us feel very welcome. Everyday they checked with us to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were enjoying our stay. Their attention to our needs was very unexpected and very much appreciated! I can't leave out Wolfgangs dogs either! Cookie was the sweetest dog I've ever met. Made us feel so welcome. He would hang out with us when we were just relaxing on the beach.

As everyone else has said, Wolfgang's golf cart tour was priceless. On Wolfgang's suggestion, we used the Suya Tours to book a snorkeling tour and two diving tours. Their dock was just a short 3 minutes walk down the beach. They were great and we'll definitely use them again when we go back. We ate breakfast three times at Estels on the Beach (great Belizean breakfast, smoothies & bloody marys). We ate twice at the Wild Mango (very good!), twice at Lazy Crocs (awesome barbeque), Calientes, Hidden Treasure. We honestly didn't have a bad meal anywhere! If you enjoy cigars, good rum & good coffee, definitely visit Rum, Cigar & Coffee House in downtown San Pedro. (You can sample the rums...) My husband enjoyed their Cuban cigars the whole time we were there. Their fresh roasted coffee was awesome as well as their rum specialities.

We will be visting Wolfgang and his great staff again next year. We hope to bring friends and stay in the Casa Buena Vista which is at the main house on the beach.

Thanks Wolfgang, Eldon, Merta and the critters (mosquitoes and all) for the best vacation ever!

Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner

TwinWitch
Jamestown, Rhode Island
“Best Vacation By Far!”
Reviewed January 17, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

We arrived at Casita Buena Vista in the early evening and were first greeted by Eldon, the groundskeeper, and Wolfgang, our host. After a quick tour of the neighboorhood and dinner at Mr. Joe's we returned "home" for the night. The following morning Wolfgang took us into town and showed us all the best places to eat and shop. Picked up our "ride" for the next 10 days and we were on our way to our best vaca yet! We found the Casita to be very comfortable and immediately felt very much at home. The little screened in porch was perfect for our morning coffee. While enjoying the beach in front of the Casa on our 3rd day we were informed that Wolfgang was "upgrading" us. He had received a cancellation for the Casa and was gracious enough to allow my husband and I to enjoy the Casa for the remaining 6 nights of our vacation. If you ever get the chance to visit Ambergris Caye be sure to stop by Mr. Joe's for the evening special and say hi to Renaldo and Alfie for us. Also don't forget the fresh squeezed juice at Maria's Mini Market, the best juice ever! Last but not least drop by Casa/Casita Buena Vista and give Wolfgang, Eldon and Merta (the housekeeper) our best, oh yeah, and don't forget to give Cookie (the resident dog) a scratch behind the ears and a belly rub from us.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner

Stephanie...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Vacation of a lifetime”
Reviewed December 31, 2010 for a stay in December 2010

We arrived with joyful anticipation ... and we were never disappointed! Wolfgang is an impeccable, delightful host who made Casita Buena Vista feel like a home away from home. We were sad to leave, but happy that we booked our next visit before we departed.

Eldon greeted us upon our arrival, and after showing us around the house and property, he pointed us toward Mr. Joe's, where we enjoyed a lunch of fish burgers and a couple of Belikins. Jonathan from Carts Belize brought our golf cart to us at the restaurant -- nice! -- and we met up with Wolfgang after our meal. Wolfgang took us on a two-hour tour of San Pedro town, stopping along the way to point out must-eat restaurants (EVERY tip was on point!). He also took us to pick up necessary provisions: lamb salami at The Butcher, a fresh baguette at The Baker, a case of beer at the distributor, locally roasted coffee and Austrian cheese at Island Buy, and fresh-squeezed pineapple-orange juice and assorted vegetables and fruits at Maria's roadside stand. Wolfgang knows everyone at these sites and introduced us not just as guests but as friends. Each day, he and Eldon (always accompanied by Cookie and Affie, Wolfgang's sweet and silly pups) inquired about our sleep and any needs we had, and encouraged us to enjoy the many island adventures available to us or simply to relax on the beach.

The Casita is located 2.5 miles from town, and we found that the golf cart was well worth the money we spent -- a 10% discount from Carts Belize made an already reasonable deal even better. We could be in the heart of it all in a few short minutes, and we often took advantage of the opportunity to drive into town in order to check out the fresh catch of the day (be there no later than 9 a.m. if you want fresh fish to cook in the finely appointed kitchen at the Casita) or to check out the local restaurants Wolfgang recommended. (Must eat: lobster breakfast burritos at Victoria House, conch fritters and fish tacos at Elvi's Kitchen, fish tacos at Caliente, bbq lobster and grilled grouper at Crave, every single pupusa at the Pupuseria, fish burgers at Mr. Joe's, and the crispy fish wrap at Wild Mango's.) Once we drove back to the Casita, we felt like we were the only people on the island! We found ourselves in the inviting lounge chairs to read fiction and drink cold Belikins on several afternoons, breaking only to swim in and around the rock wall, take a walk with Cookie, and chat with our new friends, Wolfgang and Eldon.

When we sought to scuba and snorkel, Wolfgang made terrific recommendations. We went on a scuba dive with Ecologic Divers and two snorkel trips (including a day-long snorkel and beach BBQ on Christmas Day) with Suya Tours. All were outstanding, and because we were staying with Wolfgang, we even got a bit of a discount on the BBQ adventure and were able to postpone an afternoon snorkel trip without penalty.

We've already recommended Casita Buena Vista (and the Casa's two-bedroom/two-bath apartment) to friends and strangers alike, and we cannot wait to return next year. It will be wonderful to reunite with our new friends!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Sunnyvale
Reviewed December 13, 2010 for a stay in December 2010
person found this review helpful

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Dec 13, 2010
I am sorry to hear about this disappointment.
The entire week we were not made aware of any of these problems, though Eldon our groundskeeper is on duty daily 9 to 5 (except Sunday). Also the maid was here three times that week.

Mirta, our housekeeper is excellent and I personally check each and every time.
Linen was washed and housekeeping done also at mid week (records show on Wed. Dec. 8/10) with fresh towels supplied.
Naturally, additional fresh towels are available upon request.

Our groundskeeper is instructed to ask every morning if everything is to our guests' satisfaction and if they have slept well. We even would have had an additional softer mattress in stock; however most/nearly all vacationers prefer the hard one.

I am sorry to hear about Mr. Kyser's dissatisfaction after the fact and would have liked the the opportunity to solve the problems during his stay, not after the fact.

We take our business very serious and given the opportunity will solve any problem for our guests.

Wolfgang
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing