Tripadvisor
San Pedro

“Great views and even better service”

Palapa Bar and Grill
Ranked #47 of 246 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: MOVED into Town,Onto the Wet Willies Pier. Located 300' over the Caribbean overlooking the beautiful Reef. Enjoy cool breezes, no Mosquitos. Fresh Tropical drinks, ICE Cold beer. Delicious food,fresh made daily. Specialities are Humongous Cheeseburgers, BBQ Pulled Pork sandwiches, BBQ Beans, Fish Tacos, Shrimp and Snapper Dishes, Smoked Chicken Wings, Fresh Salsa, Sausage Dip. Bring your fresh catch and we will cook it for you!!!! Float in inner tubes in the cool Caribbean while you get cold drinks by the bucket.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful spot for drinks and food. Amazing waitstaff and owners on site to make sure all their customers are happy. Saw 2 Jerry Jeff Walker concerts and enjoyed a great meal on another night. We will be back

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3,522)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located on a pier off the beach, Palapa’s was the venue for Belize 2020, this year’s 4 concerts-over-2 weeks affair put on by Jerry Jeff Walker and family. The event is classic, endearing and iconic on its own, but Palapa Bar and Grill did much to ensure its success. A team of fun, engaging and capable waiters keeps the food and beverages coming; there is no bad seat in the house; and the acoustics - well, come on! It’s on a pier for Heaven’s sake!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner with my husband and was pleasantly surprised. Service started slow but picked up nicely. Dinner started with an amusebouche of parmesan cream with crispy bacon, I didn't expect to like this but I loved it! We had coconut shrimp and Greek salad for appetizers, both were presented beautifully and were delicious. We chen chose the best of both worlds with hand cut fries for dinner. They were perfectly cooked, the meat was tender and delicious and the fries were crispy and creamy. We ended the night with dessert of lemon grass creme brulee which was also really delicious. I would definitely recommend eating here and I will certainly go back. The food was so good I forgot to take pics but I did get the amuse and dessert.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service started slow but picked up. We were given an amuse of parmesan cream with crispy bacon which was surprisingly really good. We ordered coconut shrimp and a Greek salad for appetizers, they were delicious. Best of both worlds was our dinner choice also tender, perfectly cooked and delicious with hand cut fries. Dessert was the lemon grass creme brulee which was lusciously good. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

I went to Palapa to sit by the sea md enjoy reading my book. It was a bit overcast but managed to get a slight sunburn. The drinks are strong and the people are friendly!