“Great bar on the water!”

Palapa Bar and Grill
Ranked #28 of 183 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Central American
Good for: Kids, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: MOVED into Town,Onto the Wet Willies Pier. Located 300' over the Caribbean overlooking the beautiful Reef. Enjoy cool breezes, no Mosquitos. Fresh Tropical drinks, ICE Cold beer. Delicious food,fresh made daily. Specialities are Humongous Cheeseburgers, BBQ Pulled Pork sandwiches, BBQ Beans, Fish Tacos, Shrimp and Snapper Dishes, Smoked Chicken Wings, Fresh Salsa, Sausage Dip. Bring your fresh catch and we will cook it for you!!!! Float in inner tubes in the cool Caribbean while you get cold drinks by the bucket.
Oakville, Canada
“Great bar on the water!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We heard great things about this spot so we had to check it out. It's open during the day and can get really busy especially during happy hour ( 1-5pm!). Atmosphere is amazing and drinks are cheap!!

• Greek first
Afton, Minnesota
“Must Visit”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a great spot, sitting enjoying the ocean breeze while you sip you fresh fruit cocktail (somebody pinch me) You have to visit while in San Pedro! When we we leaving my husband inadvertently dropped a 100 dollar bill when paying our tab and the Waiter chased us down the dock to return it! I LOVE Belizeans. Thank you for your kind hospitality..

Denver, Colorado
“What's not to like?”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

One of my favorite places to go when I'm on the island. It's about a mile north of the bridge so I usually catch a ride with friends on their golf cart. Once your there though it's hard to leave. The bar service is as good as it gets. Friendly, quick and they serve some "killer" drinks! They have excellent bar food but most of all they have the best view of any bar anywhere on the island. All the way at the end of their dock and up one story over the water. They also have the inner tubes you can relax in and you'll get your beer served in a bucket on a rope! Very cool place. The owners Scott and Jodie treat you right. Great place to spend a lazy afternoon!

• Visited February 2013
Rocklin, California
“bad food. lots of drunks having fun in inner tubes getting beer in a bucket.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

this is not my idea of fun. i am obviously in the minority . the place was crowded and the food was old tasting. loud with people doing shots. ugh. not my type of place. will not go back even thought the owner scott was nice.Good for bar people, not good for me.

3 Thank Marcy g
palapabarandgrill07, Owner at Palapa Bar and Grill, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Good morning this Scott the nice owner that you spoke with. IF there was any problem with the food then I wish you had brought it to my attention, I was right there ??

We have a sign that clearly states " if you are HAPPY tell others, if you are NOT, Please tell us, " and it has my personal phone number on it to contact myself or Jodie.

The Palapa BAR is just that, it is a bar as marked by the 4 foot by 8 foot, bright yellow letters on three sides of the roof that say " B A R "

People drinking, laughing, joking and having drinks in the inner tubes is what the majority of patrons come for.

Patrons from all over the world travel to Belize to have fun and enjoy the warm, crystal clear Caribbean Waters and have ice cold beers lowered down in a bucket while soaking up the sun and fun.

Lots of drunks having fun as you stated is what we strive for, having fun :)

That IS what we want our freinds and patrons to do, Have Some Fun.
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
“Fun way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife had the fish tacos which were great. I spent my day there drinking . . . . I'm not one for fruity drinks, but they have some Banana concoction that was great. The beer is good and cold too

1 Thank KenBostonUSR