“underappreciated”

pinocchio's
Ranked #69 of 184 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
NYC
“underappreciated”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

the pizza at Pinocchio's is brick-oven fired and gourmet class. the steak astonishingly good for the subtropics. attentive service.a bit out of the way but a mandatory stop while in San Pedro, PS - bring bug repellent.

• Visited January 2013

Didsbury, Canada
“Very Good”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Well worth the visit. The pizza is good but the pasta is to die for. We had several different pasta dishes and every one was better than the last. The service is very good and the atmoshpere is great. It is busy after 7pm but is quiet before that. It is about a block off the beaten path but worth finding.

• Visited December 2012
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great brick oven pizza!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We didn't expect to find a good pizza on the island... not sure why, just thinking that we'd eat mostly "island cuisine". However, we had a coupon (given to us in a booklet from TropicAir) and pizza sounded good, so we checked out Pinocchio's. It's a little off the beaten path, but we found it and it was such a neat little outdoor dining space! We watched our pizza being prepared and cooked in the brick oven, and when it came out, it was wonderful. The crust was perfect and everything tasted fresh. Yum! Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Ambergris Caye, Belize
“Best Pizza on the Island”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I carry out from here at least once maybe twice a week. It is our favorite place to go on the island for pizza. We've gotten the margherita pizza, pizza devil (with salami), pepperoni pizza and our favorite Pizza Italiano. The pizza italiano has tomato, mozzarella and italian sausage - it is extremely tasty! The pizza's are made fresh. We can't wait for the buffet to open back up during high season.

• Visited August 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“Only if you are starving for pizza.”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

After a busy and exhausting day with out on the water with our kids we looked to Pinocchio's for pizza. Unfortunately, after 3 strikes, there are out and off the list of restaurants we will patronize...

Strike #1 - We ordered 3 pizza's: Ham & Pineapple, Margherita and Pizza Ferrari (meat). We were told they do not have pineapple that night (really, pineapples are sold everywhere on the island), so we changed that one to a Pizza Devil. Then they said they didn't do the Pizza Devil or Pizza Ferrari anymore and I must have an old menu... the menu I had was their website! So we had to change our order again to Cheese, All Meat and Margherita. The Cheese and the Margherita looked idential... cheese with green flakes that looked like parsley or oregano. The Margherita did have a sharper cheese, otherwise they were the same pizza. The Meat pizza was scatterd with meat, not fully topped and still sits half eaten in the fridge. The crust was completely flat as if made by a machine. There was no roll of crust on the edges that a hand made dough would have. It was hard like cardboard.

Strike #2 - I called them to see if they delivered to our condo even though it was 2 miles south of town, and if so was there a fee (so I knew how much $ I needed). They said yes they deliver and NO there is NO FEE (checked 2x to be sure). When I placed my order I asked for the pizza cost since they don't take credit cards and if their delivery man would have change for $100BZ, they said it would be $85BZ and their delivery man can make change. Reality: The cost was $87BZ, they do not have a delivery man but instead sent it by TAXI who then charged us $23BZ for the delivery and DID NOT MAKE CHANGE. Total: $110BZ for 3 cardboard pizzas

Strike #3 - When I asked them if they delivered I gave them the name of our condo. I even spelled it for him, repeating it several times and told him the name of the owner who also lives on the property and is pretty well known. He said when it should arrive and I said I would keep an eye out for their delivery man. Reality: An hour later the owner of the property called the taxi company to see where they were, they said Pinocchio's DID NOT tell them the name of the condo nor his name (who every taxi guy knows since they deliver guests to his place almost daily) only that they were to drive down to an area where a hotel was and a lady would be standing in the road looking for the taxi... REALLY!

Reality: It took 2 hours for expensive cold cardboard pizza to arrive. Next time we use Pepperoni's pizza who we would have used but they are closed for the month with a new baby. We gave Pinocchio's a try and they failed... 3 stikes - they are out of the pizza game as far as we are concerned.

• Visited June 2012