“Great restaurant on beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capricorn - CLOSED

Capricorn
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Westchester, Illinois
“Great restaurant on beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

It's just south of Coco Beach resort. Great view and great food! We stuck to local seafood and the catch of the day. It has a nice bar as well.

Visited April 2014

Thousand Oaks, California
“Quiet secluded and absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We decided to make our way north of town just to try this restaurant and glad we did! It was calm and beautiful with dining right on the ocean. They make a killer mojito and rum punch with FRESH juice instead of everything from the concentrated squash. The Belizean stewed chicken was my favorite meal so far. Such depth of flavors and mix it with the coconut rice and beans and it's perfection. The shrimp ceviche was a perfect start to our meal as well. Friendly staff (Walter- I think?) and beautiful atmosphere simply add to this place and their delicious food!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Upscale Beachside Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Excellent food, good drinks. Astounding atmosphere--a large, beachside palapa shelters you from the sun. It is open to the Caribbean sea, and the tradewinds that refresh the island almost continuously. Not the most cost-conscious of restaurants, even for Ambergris Caye. However, I don't mind occasionally paying extra if it is worth it. The quality of the food and the atmosphere made me feel that this was worth it. Not a place I'd like to miss on a visit to the island.

Visited January 2014
Florida
“Simply fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We ate twice here and both times came away feeling like the best item on the menu is the stuffed grouper, which, truthfully, was great, but the rest was just...fair. The stewed chicken with rice and beans and fish quesadilla was fine and a nice-sized portion. The filet mignon was awful. I love the filet cut, and when it was served I though it would be great, but I had to fight with it for each cut. It was rubbery and, outside of the Bearnaise sauce, completely lacking in flavor. I ended up feeding half of it to the dog sitting in the sand by our table.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mpls, MN
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

We enjoyed our meal at the Capricorn. I had red snapper and it was very good. The have a really good menu and accommodate all appetites. So everyone in your group will be happy. The service and food here make it a very enjoyable evening. Plus it is right on the beach which gives you a great view. I'd come back again.