“Great food on the beach”

Caliente Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Caliente is located on the beach in the center of San Pedro. Our restaurant has been serving a delicious combination of Mexican and Caribbean cuisine in San Pedro since 2001. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. 1/2 Price margaritas on Fridays. Closed Monday.
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This has been our favorite place to eat in San Pedro so far. The food is very fresh. My chicken burrito was great, nice chunks of grilled white meat. My husbands blackened snapper was excellent and they were very accommodating for my 8 year old son. They made him what he would eat, even though it was not on the menu (chicken tacos- that were also very good). It is located on the beach and very nice when sitting outside. Otherwise the atmosphere is average, but who cares if the food is good? It is also reasonably priced unlike many other overpriced and/or mediocre restaurants in on Ambergris Caye. We've eaten there twice in the 3 days we've been here, after several other disappointments. They're ceviche is very good. It's definitely the best and most reasonable food around.

There are newer reviews for Caliente Restaurant

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We can here a couple of times for lunch. The food is really tasty and the service is excellent and friendly.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went here for lunch on my hotels recommendation. We had our order taken some time after sitting down, not a big deal, we're on holiday. Meals came out 5 minutes apart. We ordered fajitas that were quite plain... it came with out the guacamole. I thought it might have been a mistake as we weren't advised so I kindly asked if it might have been forgotten. I was abruptly told that they didn't have and wasn't offered a replacement of any kind. No discount on the bill either. BORING FOOD! woman at the cashier was rude.
In saying that, this place has lots of great reviews, so perhaps I was unlucky.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Lunch. Food was very good, drinks were good. The waiters promptly moved tables to accommodate our group of 11. Service was slow (normal for San Pedro). Food prep was slow—our meal was delivered in 3 batches with a bit of a wait in between (again a common experience for us in San Pedro). The facility and restrooms were clean. In spite of the slow service, we would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Enrique took care of us several times for lunch and dinner, great job! Everything we tried on the menu was good, fresh, and reasonably priced PLUS right on the beach! The view will make you want to eat every meal there!