“nothing to write home about”

Caliente Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 210 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Caliente is located on the beach in the center of San Pedro. Our restaurant has been serving a delicious combination of Mexican and Caribbean cuisine in San Pedro since 2001. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. 1/2 Price margaritas on Fridays. Closed Monday.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

As I've said before, we never found ANY restaurant worth going back to. I can say they gave us good chips and some salsa:-) I ordered the coconut chiicken and my Mom in law said it was awesome. i didn't like it so much, but she loved it! lol GOOD VIEW and wood deck. Nice to get off the sand.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We went there with a large group (13) without reservations - I would not recommend doing this as it is a small restaurant, but they were able to fit us in with no wait. The food was excellent. I ordered the ginger shrimp but they gave me the ginger chicken instead (honest mistake), and I was happy with that choice, although I tasted the shrimp and it was the better choice in my mind. My daughter had the ginger shrimp, and she preferred my son's dish (breaded shrimp). I think that everyone in our group had a great dish and there were lots of good choices.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Fridays they have Taco night and have good Mexican food on the menu. Nice atmosphere. Sometimes have a live band.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Burrito grande is very grand more than fills the plate, grilled onions and peppers along with lettuce, beans and chicken. Burrito gringo were smaller in size though 2 on the plate, still nice and tastey. Prices reasonable for San Pedro and good service

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food is delicious! We ate here twice on our vacation! Go on Friday night for taco night and margaritas! The Hawaiian tacos and guacamole are delicious! Also had the fajitas and loved them!