“Different for us and delicious.”
Review of Waruguma

Waruguma
Ranked #27 of 195 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Traveling from the US we wanted something different. We had the papusas and they were made by a lady standing at the front of the restaurant. She showed me how she made them and they were really good.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very generous servings & marvelous food. Prices are very reasonable. Love the atmosphere. Check out whatever they are cooking on the outside grill ~ it will be wonderful.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We really enjoyed the local favorites at Waruguma. The burritos are enormous. Giant crab claws to die for. The service was very good and hospitable.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I went to this place after reading a bunch of reviews on line about having papusas in Ambergris Caye. Papusas are way overrated. And it wasn't just me. Everyone in our group of seven had no desire to even finish eating them. Fortunately, papusas aren't the only thing on the menu. My son had the shrimp taco's and he thought they were very good. Prices were ok and the service was fast enough but don't walk by and try to get something quick to go.

1  Thank KramSnoyl
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had nothing better to do on the Easter weekend found myself going for a drive..after a stroll and a doobie, I found WARAGUMA-and if you love Conch Ceviche like me, or any Ceviche, this place is AWESOME! One bowl filled me up, and the hot stuff was killer! It's a relaxed pace atmosphere, so if you're in a rush, pass, but other than on the dive boats, you won't find any conch ceviche thats any better-if you do let me know!

1  Thank Divemaster-Harland