“What a food!!”

Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The place doesn´t look much fancy and get ready for slightly longer waiting time... but the seafood served here is DEFINITELY WORTH it!

1  Thank marrabi

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

A small restaurant with colourful tablecloths and plastic chairs. But don't get put off by the decor. Order the lobster brochette for 35 B $. It is the best and biggest lobster I ever tasted. The best value for money you can get.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We got lobster, spinach, mushroom, and conch pupusas! each one wonderful and delicious! Kind, attentive service! Fresh lobster and conch!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We made the mistake one night of not heading out for dinner until closer to 9pm one night... Big mistake as most of the kitchens had closed by this point. We stumbled upon Waraguma on middle street as it was one of the few restaurants still open at this time. It was definitely to our goes fortune as the place was amazing. We had the beef burrito which was amazing. Being from Alberta, Canada I am always hesitant to get beef while traveling as we have some of the best beef in the world, but I can honestly say that Belize has been an exception to this rule so far. Delicious!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I waited until the second to last day of our visit to Belize to eat a pupusa. What was I thinking? This should be the national dish of Belize. I would have lunched on pupusas every single day of our stay here had I known.

Pupusas are filled with delicious mixes of most anything -- I had pork, beans and cheese, my husband had banana. But they also offer seafood and chicken and vegetarian fillings. The filling is surrounded by a crunchy cornmeal crust.. . my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Waruguma also sells other things, including gargantuan burritos. My husband ate a fish one by himself, but most people in the restaurant were splitting theirs. People at our inn were raving about Waruguma's lobster burrito. Me. . . I'm sticking with the pupusas. Isn't it lunchtime yet?