“Best food had in a VERY long time!”
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Ranked #30 of 188 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Latin, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Red Ginger is located at The Phoenix Resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize. We serve fresh tropical cuisine in an elegant air conditioned indoor setting, outside in our garden patio, or at our Upstairs rooftop lounge. We are open for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. We offer specials every night of the week. We would love to have you eat with us.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food had in a VERY long time!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We are from New Jersey and have the culinary pleasure of a multitude of places in NYC and our amazing local places in high end foodie places in NJ. People on the East Coast are very picky about their gastronomic experiences. That being said, Red Ginger has been in 24 hours more pleasure than we have experienced in quite some time. Tonight we went with our two teens who loved the delicious panko chicken with capers, creamy mashed potatoes, very satisfying to our teenagers. They finished with the chocolate lava cake that we of course polished off with out a crumb remaining. My husband and I had plantain chips with a sauce for dipping as a delicious alternative to the boring bread basket.

Our special tapas menu garlic grilled shrimp appetizer was beyond delicious. I would have easily and happily ordered this as a main course, the sauce was a garlic aioli that was positively dreamy. THEN we ordered the crab stuffed Grouper, and I have never enjoyed a seafood meal more than this spectacular dish. Hats off to the female Chef, not sure of her name but her creations were beyond our wildest dreams, and I wish she could teach me some of her amazing chef secrets! The waiter provided outstanding and exceptional customer service, thank you Maurice! The gentleman playing keyboards and singing made it feel as though Bob Marley stepped in to accompany us for dinner with the perfect keyboard and vocal mix.
Prior to this experience, we had amazing poolside service with nachos that I will order again and homemade guacamole that tasted like it came from a friend's kitchen. This high standard of food made with the freshest and tastiest ingredients are not replicated on any routine basis.

You will experience nothing less than superb satisfaction with Red Ginger and the amazing staff that lovingly prepares this culinary experience. We are canceling other reservations to return one more night while here for this special Christmas holiday.

• Visited December 2013

Lawrence, Kansas
“Good food, a little overpriced”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner one night while spending a week in San Pedro. Food was good and the service was excellent. I had grilled lobster with beans and rice, and I loved it. My only criticism is that the menu items were priced slightly higher than most of the other places I ate in San Pedro.

Visited December 2013
King Salmon, Alaska
“Delectible meal!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Our family all enjoyed a wonderful meal here. From appetizers through to desserts, no complaints. The service was stellar and prompt. We loved the decor, particularly the blackboard of wonderful quotes. It's not beachside, but it was fine dining. A few dollars more, but so worth it!

Carbondale, Colorado
“Holy delicious!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This restaurant does not have a view, but the atmosphere was awesome and relaxing! There was a chalkboard wall filled with quotes that were fun to read and giggle over with our friends we were traveling with! The appetizers were delicious and the sangria was packed with a punch...yum! Our meals were flavorful and worth every penny! At this restaurant we decided to have dessert and coffee which was a lovely treat!

• Visited November 2013
Flower Mound, United States
“Underwhelming for the price we paid”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We received several recommendations to eat here. We wanted to try some seafood, that had a Carribean twist. My wife ordered the Snook that was supposed to come with a fruity mango salsa. There was no mango, I ordered the Combo with Shrimp and Grouper. The shrimp was delicious but the grouper was tough and not very hot. Service was mediocre, and I had to ask for them to address the grouper. They did do a good job of resolving that, but for the price we paid and the quality of service, this was a little underwhelming.

• Visited November 2013