“Very good dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hidden Treasure Restaurant

Hidden Treasure Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 184 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Hidden Treasure is located about 1.5 miles South of San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye. Travel South on the main cobble stone road then take the first right immediately after Royal Palm Villas. Look out for our Road Sign and Let the signs lead the way through the Escalante Neighborhood! It's off the beaten path but not hard to find.You can also make an early reservation and we will be delighted to arrange for a complimentary shuttle service from any resort that is situated South of the Bridge.
Denver, Colorado
“Very good dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our family of four enjoyed: coconut curry chicken, coconut crusted chicken, almond-crusted grouper, and steamed snapper in banana leaf.
Green salad was very small for the price paid.
Overall a very good dinner, although the prices were a tad higher than other spots in San Pedro. Still reasonable compared to what we might find at Hawaiian resorts for comparable quality.
We appreciated the hotel pick up, and once we knew the location, enjoyed a nice stroll back after dinner to walk off the great meal.

Visited December 2013

los gatos
“Great Choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

My family ate at Hidden Treasure last evening and really enjoyed it. Yes, it's true that you can hear the local dogs barking and a few firecrackers, but frankly, if you want to stay in Kansas, stay in Kansas! Hidden Treasure reminds me of a wonderful restaurant that I enjoyed in St. Barts with my family. It is an open air establishment with beautiful atmosphere and a wonderful wait staff.

Overall the food was very good, excellent for Belize but Belize is not a foodie's paradise. We had a few favorites. First, the cantaloupe martini was just heavenly! So light and delicious...I'd never had one before but it was delicious. Then, the meals were tasty but the real treat was, as has been written, the coconut cream pie. Holy moly...that stuff was just crazy! I'm not a sweet eater but I couldn't keep my spoon out of it! Fantastic.

I have to comment on the service. We brought our own wine (we are Californians and a bit particular about the wine), and while we don't ever hesitate to pay corkage, we have run into many cases in places like Belize where establishments will not allow you to have your own wines. There was NO QUESTION asked at Hidden Treasure. I'm impressed by this attitude. It's really about your client and ensuring their satisfaction. For me, dinner without a great wine is not really interesting. These were smart folks running a lovely local restaurant....kudos!

Visited December 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Fabulous place - don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had a fantastic dinner here last night. There are 8 of us travelling, including 4 teenagers and all of us really enjoyed the food, the drinks, and the service was excellent. A special shout out to Jaz, our server. They knew it was my birthday, so after dinner, the lights went dim and the entire staff played and sang happy birthday. It was fabulous! The bill was not bad for 8 of us, considering the quality of the food. They picked all 8 of us up at our hotel, and brought us back, no charge, which was also a huge plus. Koodos to Monica who is a great driver! The restaurant is in a residential neighborhood, and it's so cool to come in off the street into this really beautiful setting. Don't miss this place!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Eureka, California
“Dinner our last night on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We saved the best for last. The free transportation from our hotel to the restaurant was a real plus. An excellent meal and service by Mariano was superb. Made our visit to this island complete.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Impressive Menu. Professional Execution”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were a bit tired because we tried the Hidden Treasure after a long day of travel, so you know that your patience might be thin. This restaurant took me from a pretty good mood to a great mood. The ambiance is great - very unique. It's very open with high ceilings.

People were in shorts, sandals, dresses, t-shirts, golf shirts, etc. My point is casual and slightly above are all welcome.

I saw several menu items that looked excellent. The presentation on the plates were very high end. We tried the special which was the grouper - absolutely excellent. Shrimp appetizer was pretty good and so was one of the salads but it escapes me which one.

If you are debating or wondering if you should try it - I suggest you do. Great service, wonderful ambiance, and food with great taste.

• 4 of 5 bubbles