“Hands down best food in San Pedro”

Hidden Treasure Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 190 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hidden Treasure is located about 1.5 miles South of San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye. Travel South on the main cobble stone road then take the first right immediately after Royal Palm Villas. Look out for our Road Sign and Let the signs lead the way through the Escalante Neighborhood! It's off the beaten path but not hard to find.You can also make an early reservation and we will be delighted to arrange for a complimentary shuttle service from any resort that is situated South of the Bridge.
Amherst, Virginia, United States
“Hands down best food in San Pedro”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Definately not inexpensive but for the wonderful atmosphere, excellent, friendly service and absolutely freshest perfectly cooked seafood; this is the place. Their seafood cerviche is the best I have eaten; shrimp, conch, lobster, Fresh cilantro, lime, veggies and seasonings served with fresh tortilla chips. Also try their stuffed Grouper with steamed veggies and coconut rice. There is no skimping on serving size either. For dessert try their version of key lime pie (Caye Lime). This resturant is just fantastic by any standards. If I could give it 10 Stars I would.

Cambridge, Ontario
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were fortunate to find this restaurant early in or stay on Ambergris Caye. The food and the drinks were great. The service could not be beaten. It is off the beaten path which makes it even more special. Beautiful setting

• Visited March 2013
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing-so we went twice!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I went to eat here twice. I came highly recommended on Trip Advisor but also from the staff at our resort. They did not lie. Both meals we excellent. The place is so cute and inviting and the staff is always smiling. Both nights we tried the specials and they were delicious! The owner or his daughter picked us up and drove us home both times we went. It is a must try for everyone looking for a quiet dinner out.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pineapple chicken with peanut butter!!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The reviews for Hidden Treasure were solid on Trip Advisor as well as from other guests at the resort where I was staying. I finally tried it and all the reviews were true. I was there solo and the staff took great care of me! The seafood ceviche was HUGE and phenomenal! I also ordered the pineapple chicken with a peanut butter sauce. Oh my gosh! I always try to eat or drink things I know I can't get in the states... I'd go back to San Pedro just to have that dish again. Amazing food, service, and ambiance!

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The name of the restaurant sums it up, it truly is a hidden treasure! Make this place a must if you are looking to have a nice d”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a fabulous dinner here on our last night in Ambergris. To start things off they will pick you up if you make reservations which was very helpful since the roads were very difficult due to the recent rains. The atmosphere is charming and complimented by the even better service. Everyone person we met was very kind and informative. We both had the specials which were seafood that were prepared differently but both so delicious, by far our favorite meal of the trip. It is also very close to Victoria house and we could have walked if it weren't for the rain. The hidden treasure coconut shrimp was so yummy and the prices were right in line with a nice dinner. The only area that needs a little bit of improvement would be the desserts, we had the caye lime pie and chocolate cake. But the quality and taste of the appetizer and entrees totally made up for the okay desserts. We wish we had another night in ambergris so we could come back!