“Best Snorkeling”

Lil Alphonse Snorkeling
Ranked #2 of 77 Tours in San Pedro
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Alfonse was the most knowledgeable snorkeling guide I have ever gone with. Most guides take you out to the reef and point where you should go. Alfonse cleared our masks, made sure we were all comfortable, swam with us and identified every fish we came across. He even coaxed out eels so we could see them. People from other boats were trying to get in on his show. We liked the trip so much we even booked another day, too bad the weather didn’t cooperate. Great trip wouldn’t do it again with anyone else!

2  Thank ERoeing

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Alphonse does a terrific job of pointing out things you would miss otherwise and tells you about everything you see. This is a tour of the Hol Chan reef and Shark Alley that you should not miss. Alphose is a person you will really like and remember forever. A native of San Pedro, he loves what he does and for that reason does an amazing job.

Reviewed January 23, 2011

We went snorkeling with Alphonse at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley last weekend. Every part of the tour he conducted was tremendous. I don't think twenty seconds passed where Alphonse wasn't identifying an animal, a type of coral, or some other point of interest.

The tour itself was fantastic. We were surrounded by yellowjack, grouper, tarpon, and other smaller fish. We also saw a moray eel, Loggerhead turtles and sting rays at Hol Chan. The highlight though was holding sharks and rays at Shark Ray Alley. It was an incredible experience and Alphonse did an exceptional job.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I went out to the reef with Alphonse 3 times during our week long stay on Ambergris Caye. He was extremely knowledgeable. He was naming fish so fast I was amazed that he knew all the names. I am TERRIFIED of octopus and he calmed me, held my hand and brought me over to see one. Still a bit scared, but he SO wants to share these creatures with people and doesn't want anyone to miss out! And the relationship he has with someone them is just amazing. They know him and are comfortable around him. It really is something to see. I have to mention that I really wanted to see and Eagle Ray while I was there and as of the start of our 3rd trip out, I still had not seen one. As we entered the reef, he spotted one from a distance (he does that alot!) and circled around so I could see it and had me dive in and swim along with it. It was the highlight of my whole vacation and I will never forget it. Book with Lil' Alphonse when you visit San Pedro. You will NOT regret it!

1  Thank annefw
Reviewed October 14, 2010

What more could one say about this guy. Top Notch! Could not have had a better experience. Without a doubt, the best tour guide I have ever had on land or water. I will be booking another trip with him before I leave. Really want to do the night scuba trip. He showed us things while snorkeling that far exceeded anything that I have ever experienced while scuba diving. Trust me, look no further.