“Highly recommend”

Lil Alphonse Snorkeling
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our guide had us snorkle along side him in the Hol Chen Marine reserve. He pointed out many wildlife and coral reef structures that we would have missed. A great choice for snorkling novices. Don't miss the opportunity to snorkle on the reef - it is a must.

All reviews
"hol chan and shark ray alley"
in 62 reviews
in 25 reviews
"tres cocos"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was my first trip to Belize. I heard of Alphonse through two woman who were raving about how amazing their dive with him was; they were completely right! Alphonse had an incredible knowledge of the marine life, not limited to the animals. He knew each species of coral and made sure no one touched any for the safety of the coral and the passengers. On this particular dive we spotted eight sea turtles! It was absolutley breathtaking! I held a nurse shark that matched me in length and probably doubled my weight. Alphonse also shared a connection with the marine life that I felt wouldn't be present on other snorkeling tours offered on the island. My advice: go with Alphonse and you will definitely not be disappointed.

1  Thank Robdawg10
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Outrageous! I am surprised nobody has noticed but touching marine life is detrimental to those animals. It is illegal in many countries to touch them (we spread disease to them). Neither should you touch or walk on coral (you kill it) and chumming (feeding marine life) is frowned upon by concerned scuba divers. I'm not an animal rights freak, it is just good practice to limit our destruction when visiting a protected area.

11  Thank voyageur336
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had a great half day tour to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley with Lil Alfonse Tour! Great instruction on using the mask and snorkel, amazing knowledge about what we were seeing, and he practically has the nurse sharks and rays tamed! He was in the water with us every step of the way!