If you're looking for the comforts of home (a flat screen TV, a large bathtub, air conditioning, etc.) this is probably not the place for you.
If you're excited about the idea of showering under the stars, doing yoga on a pier facing a blue ocean and sleeping in mosquito net draped bed, Ak'bol is a great place to spend a few nights (or even a few weeks if you can squeeze it in!).
We had the pleasure of spending a few nights at Ak'Bol and within a short period of time, we felt very much at home. Kirsten, Neelio, Tua, John, Phillip and the rest of the staff treat everyone like family. Our typical day started with coffee and breakfast at the main house, followed either by a run or yoga. Then we'd either go for a boat ride, snorkel, go into town or just relax on the pier.
*food / consistently some of the best in San Pedro. Typically, everything is fresh and locally sourced (they'll tell you if it's not). the juices, ceviches, shrimp and fish are awesome! same goes for local Belizean foods (salbutas, tortillas, etc.)
*rooms / all are footsteps from the beach, which is awesome. you never have to wear shoes the entire time you're at Ak'bol. the outdoor shower is fun - there's nothing like standing naked under the stars (don't worry, it's totally private).
*service / since Ak'bol is small and remote, you literally know everyone within a day and they know you. everyone was extremely kind and helpful, especially with arranging various logistics - from day trips to getting in and out of San Pedro.
Overall, Ak'bol is a great experience - if you're looking to get away from the mainstream and get a more local experience, Ak'bol is the place to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full service Yoga Center on the Island. Stay nightly (meals and yoga not included in room rate) Join 7 night yoga retreats with meals and yoga included, prices on our retreat schedule. Daily yoga classes open to the public at the end of our pier with mats available. Massage and snorkel trips with Ak'boL guide. We help line up all trips, so you can relax. Come unplug with us! namaste ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Ak'bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat And Eco-Resort
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Hotel San Pedro
- Ak'Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort Belize/San Pedro