I stayed here for several nights for the last couple of days of my dream Belize-ian trip. When I arrived, they didn't seem to have a record of my prepaid reservation and I hadn't printed a copy and when I was leaving to pay, they had no record that I had prepaid. That seems typical of Belize management, so that's fine but briefly stressed me out about being double charged. I stayed in the dormitory, which was very nice and well thought-out, for example: the beds are on platforms, the platform doubles as a drawer and in the center of the platform is a lockable with a key they give you, so your stuff is 100% safe. The fan was fine for keeping you cool at night and the view of the sunset was beautiful. The wireless internet never worked and the pool had to be shocked so no swimming, but who cares with the ocean right there? Someone comes to clean the dorm during the day, a nice surprise, so keep your stuff locked like the owners recommend. The bathrooms were nice. The dorms weren't crowded. The people who ate at the restaurant were nice. After reading the reviews for their restaurant, I was really looking forward to eating at their restaurant. But.. I didn't think the food was anything special and it was expensive for Belize and the portions were so small that I ate two entrees which brought the costs up too far for what it was, although the staff was very nice. I ordered the coconut shrimp on my last night and if I'd been in the States, I would have sent it back. I was actually disappointed in the food and would not eat there again. I biked a mile into town after renting a bike for 24-hours next door for $8 and had 6 delicious tacos for 1US$. I would stay here again, rent a bike next door, but not eat at the restaurant. Tip: if you plan to do any of their Ak'Bol scuba or snorkel trips, find a back up in town because you wont know if enough people sign up to have the trip. I wanted to do yoga, but decided not to because it's 2-hours and I wanted to maximize my San Pedro experience. San Pedro was nice, but I would have preferred an extra couple of days at Glover's Atoll Resort (if you can handle 'luxury camping' check out that place!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full service Yoga Center on the Island. Stay nightly (meals and yoga not included in room rate) Join 7 night yoga retreats with meals and yoga included, prices on our retreat schedule. Daily yoga classes open to the public at the end of our pier with mats available. Massage and snorkel trips with Ak'boL guide. We help line up all trips, so you can relax. Come unplug with us! namaste ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ak'bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Hotel San Pedro
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat And Eco-Resort
- Ak'Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort Belize/San Pedro