We had 3 nights at Ak'bol and stayed in the yoga barracks. It's a good value, but you really get what you pay for. The rooms are very dark because you have to keep the shutters closed to keep the bugs out, but that's almost impossible because of the heat. We ended up opening up our room to "try" to cool it off. Our fan only worked on the highest setting so it was spinning around and wobbling making us nervous it would fall down. We were bitten every night and I came home with a ton of bites. I found out by reading trip advisor that other rooms had mosquito nets, which I have feelings about since we had none, nor was that offered. The water in the shared bathroom was very smelly, all the time. We never hung out in our room because of the bugs, heat and light and the only other place was the bar. Also, it looks like this hotel is right over the bridge, but it's not. It's about a 25 minute walk. We did, however, make up for the misses at Ak'bol by visiting Feliz Bar and Grill just down the street twice! The food was great, they have the highest speed internet on the island and the owners are very welcoming and friendly. I felt a lot like I was an outsider at Ak'bol. I would NOT go back and stay at Ak'bol in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full service Yoga Center on the Island. Stay nightly (meals and yoga not included in room rate) Join 7 night yoga retreats with meals and yoga included, prices on our retreat schedule. Daily yoga classes open to the public at the end of our pier with mats available. Massage and snorkel trips with Ak'boL guide. We help line up all trips, so you can relax. Come unplug with us! namaste ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Ak'bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat And Eco-Resort
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Hotel San Pedro
- Ak'Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort Belize/San Pedro