My wife and I spent 4 nights at Ak'bol Feb 2012 and really enjoyed it. The owners, Kirsten and Milio were very friendly and welcoming, Phillip and Ellen running the bar/restaurant were friendly and efficient and the food was outstanding. One indication of the quality of the food is the fact that locals and guests at other resorts often come there to eat.
The resort is about a mile north of the town of San Pedro and the easiest way to get there is to take the Coastal Express water taxi north from San Pedro. $5 US a person.
We stayed in one of the cabanas that were directly overlooking the water and these would definitely be the first choice. The other cabanas are behind them and might seem claustrophobic. The cabanas have folding doors, unscreened, that open onto the porch. A wonderful place to sit and just enjoy the view.
Others have given a lot of details about their stay at Ak'bol and we would agree with the comments of most of the top ratings.
A great way to finish up our trip to Belize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full service Yoga Center on the Island. Stay nightly (meals and yoga not included in room rate) Join 7 night yoga retreats with meals and yoga included, prices on our retreat schedule. Daily yoga classes open to the public at the end of our pier with mats available. Massage and snorkel trips with Ak'boL guide. We help line up all trips, so you can relax. Come unplug with us! namaste ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ak'bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Hotel San Pedro
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat And Eco-Resort
- Ak'Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort Belize/San Pedro