“Great Dive Master”

White Sands Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI 5 star Dive shop in San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye in Belize. We teach scuba diving and certify divers as well as take divers to the reef for daily Diving and Snorkeling adventures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Dive Master”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Perfect little Dive company took us out to the Belize Barrier Reef, Shark and Stingray area. We had a great simple 3 hour trip and the dive master was well informed with the marine life as well as the surroundings and ecological history of the area. The water was a little murky this time but still enjoyed the up close & hands on swimming and holding the sharks as well as the stingrays. I'm just like a little kid when it comes to adventures like this.

The boat was clean, offered plenty of Cold water and was on time. No complaints!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 1BadBull

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dive Shop in Belize”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We visit Ambergris Caye regularly and have dived with many of the local dive shops. White Sands was an absolute pleasure and the dives were different each time and truly a lot of fun. They are a very skilled group of divemasters and instructors and an excellent place to get certified. Several of the divers in our daily group have dived with this shop on numerous trips to the island. I would highly recommend them to anyone from beginner to experienced.

1 Thank VLG1904
London
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Our excellent local dive team!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

As a very regular visitor to Ambergris Caye (we have a house here) I like to scuba dive and I have been diving with Elbert and his team for many years. His team has also done PADI qualifications for a number of my friends who come to visit.

His team is, experienced, safe and, also importantly, fun to dive with.

I am very happy to recommend them!

Visited June 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Easy, organized, and high quality!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The White Sands Dive Shop is definitely the place to get acquainted -- or re-acquainted -- or completely besotted with scuba in Belize. Elbert, Lupe, Ruben, Carlos, and the rest of the crowd run a class act that will make a difference for your vacation. White Sands is extremely responsive via e-mail when you are trying to plan what might be right for you, from snorkeling to advanced dive training or dive excursions. They make training pain free, and their devotion to your safety is paramount. But beyond that, White Sands makes diving fun. Your kids will be raving about the sea life they saw! I can't recommend it more highly.

1 Thank Loro95
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Dive Shop”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Did two days of 2 tank dives with White Sands and the staff made me feel very comfortable as a newly certified Padi OW diver. Carlos is an outstanding dive master as well as a master Lion Fish assassin and gave me a very thorough dive briefing as well as teaching me some important things. It was pretty rough seas on one day and I got sea sick - which is really nerve wracking when your about to jump in the water - Reuben the captain was a calming force and helped me with my confidence. My girlfriend and I also did a snorkeling trip out to Hol Chan and we had a great time. I used my own equipment - so I am unable to comment on their rentals. The marine life was awesome on these dives; saw the largest Hawksbill Turtle you could ever imagine. The staff is friendly and courteous and I felt safe diving with White Sands. They picked me up from Coco Beach resort where I was staying; it's very close to their dive shop. I would absolutely use them again. Elbert the dive shop owner is also a really nice and down to earth guy! Highly Recommend.

2 Thank Friz1000