“These guys were great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ecologic Divers

Ecologic Divers
Ranked #6 of 74 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecologic Divers is a premier PADI Five Star Dive Center located in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. Our PADI Divemasters and Dive Instructors are friendly, helpful, courteous and professional. They are committed to making your diving entertaining, exciting, and most importantly, a safe experience.
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“These guys were great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had a great experience with Ecologic divers - we had three excursions with them during December, all with Charlie, and he was awesome. we had two fishing trips and one catamaran sail. Everyone we met was up beat, accomodating and super helpful. we had booked through our travel agent and upon arrival wanted to change up some things based on changing our minds and the weather, and shelly was very helpful with everything. we would definitely use them again.

2 Thank kdh77

Allentown, Pennsylvania
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was the best snorkeling trip I have had. In addition to the beautiful underwater views, it was because of the confidence I had in our guides. My husband;s complaint was that they kept us moving, showing us different things, when he would rather have spent more time in each spot watching the fish move.

1 Thank Judy L
Ithaca, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I and another couple made reservations online to dive with Ecologic for our early December trip to Ambergris. We were staying at a condo south of San Pedro so they said they would pick us up by boat at our dock for daily diving trips. We used their online registration form so getting checked in for the first dive was a breeze. They picked us up on time every day and we were very pleased with the service and the employees. After the first couple of dives they saw we were an experienced dive team and they kept us together with a separate dive master whenever possible so we could enjoy some longer bottom times. We made a day trip with them to turneff as well. The "Nice and Easy" theme was greatly appreciated and allowed for very enjoyable diving. We had a couple of bad weather days, and they worked hard to keep us diving every day even postponing the morning dives one day for a couple of hours which worked out just fine. Ecologic is a very reliable,safe, and well run dive operation that is staffed with some pretty great people.

1 Thank James B
Houston
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“excellent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Ecologic responded promptly to my e mails and we booked two 1/2 day trips in late December, one was snorkeling and one, fishing.No advance payment required,we paid on arrival.Our snorkeling guide was Gregory who was excellent with gear and safety instructions,Funny and very helpful and made sure we stayed together as a group . He made sure we saw a variety of sea life including sharks and sting rays. as the name suggests Ecologic show a great deal of respect for the Sea creatures and promote no touching or handling of sea life.
Our fishing guide was Charlie who is an excellent fisherman,took us to several fishing spots,helped us out in catching several fish,Helped identify varieties of fish, cleaned our catch and guided us to restaurants which would cook for us.
Both days Ecologic would pick us up from the pier and take us to the dive shop.The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Dimas is funny and friendly .Felt like a private and personalized tour each time.They also dropped us off directly to the pier at the end of the tour.

San Diego
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Skip Ecologic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I would not recommend Ecologic for the inner reef of Hol Chan. We have been diving with another dive operator while here, Chuck & Robbie's, and have been very happy with them. We chose Ecologic because they were open on Christmas Day and they seemed to have good reviews.

While the safety of having us get our own gear ready and double checking it was commendable the rest of the dive was not. The boat kept stopping on the way out and was having some sort of motor problems. Then the dive master, Greg, informed us it would be a very easy dive and last from 45 minutes to one hour. It was beyond slow, and I'm not one to race along on a dive. We never made it even close to the channel and stayed on the sandy bottom the entire time, except for the swim-thru that being a marine reserve should NOT have been attempted due to hitting coral. I watched one inexperienced diver after another hit their regs in the coral as their fins slammed the coral on the bottom. I expected more from a company that calls themselves Ecologic.

Another issue I had is the fact that the dive master himself seemed inexperienced as I watched him struggle with his buoyancy and didn't request an air confirmation until most people were at about 1500# on our way back to the boat. He told us at the briefing we'd turn around when we had 1000#. When my husband and I were ready to get back on the boat we both still had 2000# of air and feel the trip was really cut short.

On the flip side I will say we had great experiences with both Chuck & Robbie's and Amigos del Mar. Both of these dive operators were very safe, informative and well organized. They both watched the divers as well as being great ambassadors for the marine life. I would highly recommend both companies.