“Dream team!”
Review of Ecologic Divers

Ecologic Divers
Ranked #7 of 77 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecologic Divers is a premier PADI Five Star Dive Center located in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. Our PADI Divemasters and Dive Instructors are friendly, helpful, courteous and professional. They are committed to making your diving entertaining, exciting, and most importantly, a safe experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dream team!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just back from a one week trip where I did 3 days diving with Ecological Divers. I highly recommend to choose this dive shop, if I go back at caye Ambergris I would for sure go diving with them again. Very professional, calm, patient, funny and very customer-oriented focus. It is a real 5 star diving with that team, royal treatment (with hot eucalyptus towel after diving to take off the salt!) and most importantly they really seem to enjoy and love what they are doing. We had a day planned to go diving to Turniffe. The boat was full of divers very excited to go discovering that famous dive site. After 1.5 hour of boat, the wave and the wind was so strong and unfortunately no safe enough to reach the dive spot. We took the decision that we have to go back, the weather was too risky to dive. It was really unfortunate and everybody was quite disappointing (without mentioning that we all woke up at 5:00 AM to go there...). Instead they brought us on a lovely island where they offer us to have lunch, drinks, do snorkelling and chill on that corner of paradise! After that they brought us on Caye Caulker to walk a little and have a beer at the split while watching kitesurfer. We had a really good time! The turnoff trip with 3 dives was a 250$ trip: they charge us nothing the day! They took that decision because safety and customer satisfaction is clearly part of their values. I was very impressed that they took that call and organize a lovely plan B. It was certainly a bad day for the bottom line in the short term, but for the long run they made a very good call, we gain a lot of respect and high trust from everyone on the boat.... and I am sure that we will all remember that day and would talk highly of this team that won't take any risk for the safety of their clients and can magically change a bad news and a very interesting opportunity. Very well done! Thanks again and see you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing crew”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went on a three tank dive with Ecologic. The crew is laid back and extremely friendly and helpful, and the dive spots were out of this world. The equipment was clean, they brought plenty of backup weights, regs, etc. on the boat and the snacks were delicious (fresh Lion Fish served up sashimi style). Shorty and Charlie had us laughing all day, and the rest of the team was equally friendly. They are a PADI recognized shop, and for good reason.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best DiveMaster Ever!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and sons went diving three days with this group and they did not disappoint! My daughter and I are a less experienced and our divemaster, Charlie, was exceptional! He was extremely patient and calm with us and very professional! and I am sure all their divemasters are equally as experienced. Very impressed with this operation...they pay attention to all the details. Charlie and the crew took care of everything for us...even took off our flippers before we got back on the boat! We felt extremely comfortable with this group.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Making lemonade”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We left the dock early yesterday. A full boat, loaded with a bevy of international travelers, each excited about our impending three dive adventure at the Turneffe Atoll. The winds were blowing hard out of the east, but was not a problem while we were inside the reef. Once outside, the seas provided a challenge for the crew and guests. About an hour and a half into our increasingly rough voyage, Shorty, our lead dive master, called us together and informed us, "there will be no diving today, after all". Fair to say that most, or all of us, were very disappointed. The new plan was a picnic and snorkeling adventure at Goff's Caye, a tiny island with a protected swim area. We sunbathed, swam, snorkeled, ate and relaxed. A few hours later we were stopping at Caye Caulker for a short visit while en route back to Ambergris Caye. All in all, our disappointment at not diving Turneffe was nicely replaced by the staff and divers making the best of a bad situation.We enjoyed being graciously hosted by the Ecologic team, getting to know each other, and having a most pleasant day. Well done, Shelley and team for a very pleasant day under trying circumstances.

Omaha, Nebraska
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went snorkeling one day and it was great Blinky was a great guide. I am a certified diver, however, I needed a refresher and my husband decided to try the discover scuba. Shorty was our DM and did a great job with us. He had great patience with us. I have to agree with others and the comments on the equipment. We had more than three different issues with equipment it was always replaced quickly but they do need to upgrade. The staff are friendly and helpful and I didn't feel my safety was in question. We were not doing advanced dives and that could have made a difference.

Visited January 2013