1,144 results
All reviews red ginger chocolate tasting sol spa free happy hour in town ambergris caye golf cart cell phone fire station full kitchen pool staff front desk staff laundry detergent huge balcony bedroom suite pool bar onsite restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2017

I regarded San Pedro as having the feel of not having left a couple decades ago. This is no Playa de Carmen, but excellent all the same. Great place, great people, english and spanish both spoken easily by all the people. The golf carts running around are really required due to the narrow streets. But, extremely charming and we always felt safe. The Phoenix is a great oasis to relax, and have time by pool, time at the happy hour or tours arranged. The people are excellent, do remember your name and what you are doing. I was very impressed. If I want a low key vacation again in the future, I will be back. However, there are many adventures in Belize you can take from here.....so, the adventurous would love as well. The people make this hotel great.

Room tip: I thought they all looked good.....we were towards the back, but the sea view was great.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank norzee
Reviewed March 18, 2017

My Husband and I arrived on the Island for the first time w/reservations to stay elsewhere. Upon arrival and immediately seeing it was unsatisfactory our realtor called the Phoenix and was able to work out a last minute reservation. The hotel, our room the amenities, staff and restaurant were all superb! Conveniently located to town yet far enough removed to avoid the hustle bustle and noise. The restaurant was one of few with A/C and had delicious food. Our room faced the pool but had Ocean view as well and had a Keurig coffee maker I loved! A fantastic experience.....we actually moved to the Island shortly thereafter!!

Room tip: Higher floor
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

Incredible! Excellent service. This was the perfect vacation spot. The hospitality was incredible. Rooms were so spacious and beautiful. We will definitely be back. They setup all of our tours, dinners, babysitting. I was extremely impressed with the staff and the resort. Beautiful pool and views. Food was excellent as well! This was our first trip to Belize and the Phoenix made it an incredible experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Phoenix Resort for our anniversary in early November and it was beyond everything we ever expected. We booked a 1 bedroom ocean view room but upon check in found that we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom ocean view suite! The room was absolutely beautiful and we found nice touches upon our arrival of local handmade treats, a bottle of rum and a bottle of wine. The room was fabulous and also had a huge wrap around balcony that I enjoyed coffee and an afternoon cocktail on many times! Although the Phoenix doesn't have a traditional beachfront you are not missing out on the ambiance as the pool overlooks the turquoise waters and is well kept!

Aside from the wonderful accommodations the staff really made the trip amazing! They are beyond friendly and attentive and really go the extra mile to make you feel welcome, give you tips on where to go in town and set up any excursions for you. We loved our stay at the Phoenix resort SO much that we changed our flight to stay an extra night! It truly is a wonderful place and I cannot wait to go back!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret F
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

I have to confess that I am hesitating to write this review. The resort may fill up when we want to return! We are definitely coming back, an there are very few places that I like to repeat. This resort is amazing. The rooms have beautiful views, the staff is very friendly and eager to please. You are greeted with rum punch upon arrival, and the stay continues to get better and better. Daily evening happy hours are fun! We had a chocolate tasting provided by a local company, yoga classes twice a week, a well equipped fitness center, and a great pool side bar. There are several good places to eat in San Pedro, including the onsite restaurant. The location of the resort is right in the center of all the best restaurants, easily a short 5 minute or less walk. I can't think of one detail that was omitted. Highly recommend!

Trip type: Traveled with family