“The Phoenix is a 5-Star Property on the beach!”
Review of The Phoenix Resort

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Phoenix for 6 nights in mid-July. We were in B4 which is a 3-bedroom condo facing the water and swimming pools. After a full day of water sports or sight seeing it was wonderful to go home to air-conditioning, flat screen tvs, full kitchen, and cable tv! We ordered room service from the Red Ginger and the food and service were awesome! The property is in excellent condition, a great location, and in the heart of all the action! I had an herbal hair treatment at the spa and it was very relaxing and reasonably priced. We plan on returning with friends hopefully very soon.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 20, 2009

We just returned from a 7 day stay at the Phoenix in San Pedro. I'm not exactly sure how to explain it best. Walk out the front door and you are on old main street. Walk out the back door and Paradise. Fully stocked kitchens give you the option to eat in or go out. Absolutely wondeerful to eat breakfast in since it is a chore to get my teenage daughters up in the morning to dive anyway. Great Bars and resturaunts are within minutes of the Phoenix right on the beach. Hard to beat sitting out on the balcony in the evening with the cool breeze flowing in. There is a resturaunt on the property that is very very good. My two girls had massages and absolutely loved them. The staff go out of there way to make everything as easy for you as can be done. We dove with Chuck and Robbie (Extremely recommended) and they billed back to the Phoenix. They have golf carts on the premises that you can rent. The loaction is perfect for any activity. These are condo's. You could easily live here for a very extended period of time. They are large and beautifully decorated. We will go back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jquincy19
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I just returned from Belize and once again stayed at the Phoenix. This place is hands-down the best, most luxurious place to stay on Ambergris Caye.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank katgilm
Reviewed June 30, 2009

My husband and I just came back from Belize and the Phoenix ! Our experience was incredible from start to finish! Mark's the man! He took care of our every need from the planning stages to the actual arrival through to the departure. We stayed in units D3 and D5, both 2 bedroom units with wonderful wrap around verandas and the views were to die for. We have been to San Pedro before and stayed at several different places but none can compare to the Phoenix. If you are looking for 5-star treatment, the Phoenix is it! We were centrally located by all the best restaurants (including The Red Ginger right on site) and town was right at your doorstep- no need for water taxis or golf carts- you could walk everywhere. Also Rolondo our bartender by the "infinity" pool, was fantastic and quite the gentleman and catered to our every need! Oliver ( booked through the Phoenix) with "Cari-bean tours" was our snorkle and boat guide- Oliver will treat you right and take his time explaining everything and make you feel very safe and comfortable- He's an "EXPERT" on Belize! I just can't say enough about the Phoenix- it's worth every penny and I can't wait to go back, in fact we've decided to make it a yearly trip! Thanks again Mark and staff- keep up the great service. Janice & Jerome

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I recently returned from my first trip to Belize, and I will definitely go back, as long as I can stay at The Phoenix, which is the nicest, newest, most-luxurious, and best-located beach-front hotel or condo in San Pedro. I'll concur with all the favorable comments from other visitors, but want to add a word about the splendid service. As visitors in a foreign country (especially a "developing country"), we sometimes assume that the customer service will be impeded by language problems, cultural barriers, etc. Not at The Phoenix. The front desk was able to book our return seat assignments and print out boarding passes. Staff was able to make helpful recommendations regarding nearby restaurants and scuba outfitters. Mark Maggiotto, the manager, was able to send me by Fed Ex a pair of jeans and belt that I accidentally left behind. Staying at The Phoenix is a five star expereince, from start to finish. I felt like a rock star the whole time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SanDiegoZorro
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Staying here was the highlight of our trip. The Phoenix is new, most modern, spacious, luxurious, convenient, immaculate, comfortable, perfect location. The condo is huge and has central A/C. We stayed four nights in A8 (2nd floor), just steps from their restaurant, the best restaurant on the island, the Red Ginger (ate here every day for lunch and sometimes dinner when we had dinner). This restaurant is air conditioned and modern (other San Pedro restaurants do not have A/C and no ocean breeze can cool you off enough) Convenient to all activities. It is very quiet and relaxing. The wi fi internet is slow and intermittent. There are no phones. The pools are wonderful to swim in. Our terrace was the largest I've ever seen for a condo and phenomenal to sit out on while viewing the beautiful sea. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. This is the place. The value is great. It is an oasis in a third world country. Air conditioning hasn't hit this country yet and it's hot and humid. The supermarkets (more like convenience stores; i.e. 711) don't have A/C except for Island Supermarket (a very nice & large supermarket) just south of the airport (the only one I recommend). We rented a golf cart to see the island. We didn't go north of the bridge. There is really nothing to see, the roads are bumpy and mostly dirt roads. Water sports such as diving and snorkeling and other water sports are really the only vacation reasons to be on Ambergris Caye. We went snorkeling one day - it was great.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kabear
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Mark, the manager at The Phoenix , was very accomodating and helped to make our trip one of the best! The Phoenix is conveniently located right next to the downtown area. I would still recommend getting a golf cart to tour around a bit! The grounds were beautiful, food by the pool was great (Rolando, pool bartender) was always there to make sure we were happy! Snorkeling Hol Chan and swimming in Shark/Ray Alley was awesome! Restaurants we recommend: Bluewater, Caliente and the restaurant at The Phoenix (name is excaping me). We took ferry to Caye Caulker and to Rojo Lounge (North) Would recommend BOTH!! Rooms had huge decks for afternoon lounging and watching the sun rise and set. We absolutely loved visiting a place and experiencing a whole new culture! We felt safe at all times and people were friendly and helpful! We highly recommend The Phoenix over ANY other place we saw on the island. :)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple