“UNBELIZEABLE!!”

Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
San Diego, California
“UNBELIZEABLE!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Celebrated our 40th birthday here with 5 other special ladies!! This resort exceeded my expectations. Service here was incredible- All of the Staff here are genuinely nice and willmake you feel like you are priorty. They take care of you here. They truly go above and beyond in making your stay here extra special. We stayed in the 3 bedroom beach front suite which was beautifully furnished, very clean and spacious. Front desk staff, servers, housekeepers and bartenders were always attentive to our needs. Would definately come back to the PHOENIX

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

BEST WEEK EVER celebrating our group of six's milestone birthday and The Phoenix OVER delivered. Before arriving I thought "how does one resort receive such amazing reviews?" This is how: The Phoenix staff are outstanding. No request is too large or small. They surprised us with special extras like a full size birthday cake waiting for us in our suite's fridge with a birthday card signed by all the staff. Beautiful rose petals spelling out "Happy Birthday" on the beds of all 3 rooms, a bottle of rum with mix and delicious homemade lime bars. We were spoiled before we even had our bags delivered to our room!!! It's exceptionally clean and peaceful yet located right in town. Loved the complimentary bikes the hotel arranged for us to explore. The pool is gorgeous. Complimentary Yoga. Wifi was perfect so we could upload our experiences daily to Instagram/facebook and communicate with our families back home. We have all fallen in love with La Isla Bonita and The Phoenix Resort.
Congratulations again to Rolando on the birth of his new baby girl. Special thanks to him and Maurice for taking such good care of us pool side. We will be sure to add fresh Ginger to all our future cocktails and think of you guys! Thank you to the lovely Manager: Pam and the desk staff; Always with smiles to greet us: Alicia, Rosie, Andrew. Our cleaning staff helped keep us 6 ladies organized and our condo was always an immaculate place to retreat to after a day of exploring the island or sea! Thank you for the security always standing by discreetly and keeping a protective watch over us and this gem of a resort. Miss you guys already and can't wait to return.
Dervola x

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went on my honeymoon to The Phoenix about a year ago - nothing but amazing things to say. We were upgraded to a larger 2 bedroom suite overlooking the pool and beach. The place is beautiful and immaculate. The staff is amazing, the food as well. They understand hospitality, plain and simple. Worth the extra money if you're deciding between this and a slightly cheaper place. My only advice is to try and find tour companies in the area to do different activities, as it will be much cheaper than if you book through the hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew L
Lahaina
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I visited in May 2013 and our stay was outstanding from beginning to end. We are both in the hospitality industry in Hawaii so our expectations are pretty high. This property and staff exceeded those expectations. The General Manager, Mark Maggiotto, went above and beyond in helping me with a special request. His time and effort are so very appreciated. The location of the resort is awesome-we walked everywhere and only rented a golf cart for one day to really explore the island. We will be back. As we say in the islands, Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) Diane C.

Room Tip: Our spacious suite was on the bottom floor overlooking the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Diane C
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband, adult son, and I spent a week at The Phoenix in July 2013 based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. We loved The Phoenix so much and will definitely be back. The resort is beautiful, the staff is top notch, the food at the restaurant is delicious, the condo is gorgeous and the location is perfect. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bathroom condo located on the second floor facing the ocean (I can't remember the number). It was beyond our expectations. The beds are extremely comfortable, the bathroom amenities are very nice, the kitchen is well stocked and the decor is fabulous. I must mention the very large veranda overlooking the ocean. It is private, extremely large and has a spectacular view of the ocean, the pools and the grounds. We loved sitting outside every day. We really enjoyed the lovely pools and poolside food and beverages. I loved my massage at the spa so much that I booked a second visit and was not disappointed. Pam and the rest of the front desk staff arranged several outings for us and we were very pleased with the guides. I appreciated the staff booking our Tropic Air flights and attending to every detail of our trip. Housekeeping was excellent. The location is definitely a highlight. It is so close to everything in San Pedro, yet the feeling inside the resort is serene and peaceful. This resort is definitely luxurious, yet not pretentious in any way. It never felt crowded. I have stayed in many top hotels and resorts around the world and The Phoenix is now one of my favorite places anywhere. We loved the Red Ginger restaurant on site so much that we ate there numerous times. On one occasion, the chef prepared the fresh fish my husband and son caught and it was divine. The only disappointment was the Red Ginger is closed on Tuesdays and you cannot get food at the restaurant, from room service or at the pool on Tuesdays. This is not a big deal as there are many other options close by. All recommendations from the staff were spot on. We had heavy rain for 2 days, which forced us to stay indoors. However, the accomodations are so nice that we did not even mind. The complimentary local cell phone, the taxi to and from the airport and the personal attention from the staff truly make the experience at The Phoenix special. Do be aware there are no elevators, so if you cannot walk up and down steep stairs, ask for a first floor condo. I just cannot say enough good things about The Phoenix. I agonized about where to stay while researching for this trip. Thanks to these reviews I chose The Phoenix and I cannot wait to return to this slice of paradise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Houston2007
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We spent the first three days of our honeymoon on the north side of the island and then came to the city for the next five nights. We didn't think our stay at Azul could be matched, but Phoenix did it. What a beautiful resort. Everyone is extremely friendly and the condo was amazing. It is also in the perfect location to walk everywhere in the city. If we go back, we wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: We stayed in A9 and I am pretty sure it had to be one of the nicest at the resort. It is on the 3rd...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two full weeks for our anniversary and loved every minute of it! Its in a great location- you can walk to everything, however we rented a golf cart just cause. The staff are unbelievable and help you find the best stuff to do. People on the island strive to have the Phoenix hotel recommend them - thats mean they are the best! We went scuba diving, fishing, golfing (on the only golf course island) and the hotel set us up for everything with no extra cost! The fishing (I am not going to tell you who because you need to stay here to findout) was the best by far! Back to the hotel, great little gym we used daily with a great group on tuesdays and thursday for yoga:) Perfect spa, with great masseuse's. Great resort but laid back feel. The rooms were clean and beautiful! I cant say more, if you stay here you will be VERY happy. Also, they have one of the best restaurants on the island right at the hotel:)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple