“Heaven on earth.”

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
“Heaven on earth.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

After our first night in 2011 we were hooked and rebooked for 2013. This time we brought my mom and stepfather and they were hooked and we have rebooked for 2014. Not only does the staff go above and beyond for the guest they know your first name. They arrange all the excursion and so far I have seen Mayan Ruins and tubed down the Mayan rivers. I went fishing and enjoyed a whole day on a private island that ended with a each BBQ and memories that will last me a lifetime. My daughter is 9 years old and has been both trips and loves the island as much as us. She is treated so well by staff. 100% my favorite place on earth and all owed to the staff of The Phoenix. Will be returning every year!! 10 stars across the boards. Pam, Stacy, and Mark, thank you for all you do.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jebianco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed at luxury hotels in San Pedro repeatedly but never at the Phoenix, even though my favorite restaraunt on the island is Red Ginger, at the hotel. I have to say being close to town was really nice.
My stay at the Phoenix was wonderful. The staff added many little personal touches that really meant a lot. A cake waiting for us in the refrigerator for my friends birthday was one. A complimentary local cell phone was another big plus! We got excellent friendly advice on tours and everything else from Pam and Gabriella, and everyone was always helpful and accommodating.
My massage from Heather at the spa was a life saver!
Thank you Mark and Stacey for helping me get this put together at the last minute to begin with and I hope to see you all again at the Phoenix very soon!! Honestly, where else would I go now?? Spoiled and loved it! - Jai

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 4 days in Ambergris Caye. We stayed in the Phoenix Hotel, San Pedro and had an amazing time. Every experience with the hotel--from booking to check out--was smooth, friendly, and super helpful. Stacey and Danny coordinated everything, including our connecting flight to/from Belize City-San Pedro, dinner reservations, excursions, etc. The rooms and hotel itself were beautiful, spacious and well maintained (bonus plus--Aveda products are the hotel toiletries given to guests). Even though it was in the center of town, you can barely tell once you walked in. The atmosphere was relaxing and very quiet. I can't say enough great things about our stay at The Phoenix. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AngelaRBrown
dobbs ferry
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My 17 year old son and I spent Easter week at the Phoenix. It was all that the reviews and photos promised. Amazing service, great food, beautiful and spacious accomodations. The staff arranged day trips for us including snorkeling, ziplining and a visit to Mayan ruins. We will definitely go back and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dawn b
Longview, Washington
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Phoenix Resort is one of the loveliest places we have ever stayed at. The condos are gorgeous, well-equipped and close to everything in town. The staff are fantastic and always ready to help out, whether it is booking a tour, a restaurant reservation or making your favorite cocktail at the pool bar. We can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different units and both were lovely. I don't think there is a bad one th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
niwot
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Phoenix is a wonderful resort! The rooms were very clean and comfortable, with the Washer /Dryer being a lifesaver (lots of sweaty and sandy clothes from my kids.) Very Spacious condo and the kitchenette was nice to have, if we did not want to go out to eat. Every room had a great view of the beach. We loved sitting out on the deck to relax. And the two pools were very nice. The resort is small so very easy to walk to and from the pool & restaurant. Most importantly, my son was very sick when we arrived (he got sick during traveling there and it worsened to the point where he needed to see the doctor) and the staff at the front desk was excellent. They called the doctor on the Easter Holiday weekend and even walked us to the doctor's office (Pamela-thank you!) Pamela, Gabriella and Alicia in the front office were so wonderful and kind! They accomodated us to the fullest to reschedule our tours, due to my son's illness, which was difficult during the busy Spring Break. Rolando at the pool snack/drink/bar was awesome to our family and took good care of us. So did Rafael, who watched the beach entry for security (not really needed but nice to know he was there) and helped us come and go with all our gear. Even the grounds people and cleaning people were very nice, smiling while always working hard. I really respect that. The resort also offers a fabulous restaurant with live entertainment at times, great tours and golf carts, that they arrange. I actually booked this resort because my neighbor went there twice! Our family will for sure go back but next time we plan to stay longer! The resort has a nice quality of people, too. We met a nice family from Canada. Great place for families and couples! Good location within the town and near lots of great restaurants. Kim from Colorado

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Norman, OK USA
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Phoenix April 7-12, 2013. They were most gracious and accomodating from the time we called to make reservations until we returned home to the U.S. We have have stayed in many places in Mexico, the Bahamas, Turks, etc., all top rated and excellent, but have never been treated to something like this fine establishment. I enjoy fishing, and since it was my first time in Belize, relied on Pam to set us up for three days of fishing. Two with Eric of Uprising (reef fishing) and one with Darrell of Go Fish Belize (fly fishing on the flats). Those guys are awesome, and got me into more fish than I could catch. The restaurant at Phoenix is first rate. We ate there for several meals, and the bar staff is most gracious and attentive. We met lots of new friends taking in a drink at Red Ginger before heading in for the night to get ready to fish or explore the next day. The pools were immaculate, and the bar staff at the cabana was great. They arranged for our golf cart, cab to and from the airport (only 10 minutes away), and our air fair on Tropic. My only reservations about posting this are that so many other people will learn about this gem that we might not be able to get reservations when we go back.

Room Tip: We had a first floor one bed room suite with the back looking over the ocean. I think the place has...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple