The Phoenix Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
  • Breakfast included
Pedro's Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$56
$54
Spindrift Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$48
Royal Caribbean Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$114
$78
  • Pool
Las Terrazas Resort(San Pedro)
$299
$290
  • Pool
Ocean Tide Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$113
Hotels.com
Seven Seas Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$110
$359
$348
Travelocity
Hotel del Rio(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$75
$69
Hotels.com
Sapphire Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$217
$208
getaroom.com
1,045 results
All reviewsred gingersol spachocolate tastingin towngolf cartcell phoneambergris cayefull kitchenbottle of rumfront desk staffpool stafflaundry detergentwrap around balconypool barhuge balconybedroom suitedinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I would give this a 4-1/2 stars, I choose 4 star because I need to get the overall rating down to reality. This is a really nice place and the staff is incredibly nice; Rolando at the pool bar knew every guests name and Gabriella at the front desk was super helpful.

However, this is not the #1 resort in the world in my opinion.... it's a good bang-for-the-buck (still expensive by my travel standards) which is probably why it's rated number 1. I liked the fact that it's in town and I could wander amongst the locals but I think a true high-end resort goer (which I'm definitely not!) might be turned off by that. We went down to the Victoria House for dinner and I felt like I took a giant step up in Luxury.

That being said, if you want a really nice place to stay and you want to be near the action (walk around the corner for some local street side B-B-Q or fried Jacks), you can't go wrong at the Phoenix. My ONLY 2 complaints: The pool is really quiet (no music and not many people though resort was full) and no beach.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank WhipBKLN
Reviewed February 24, 2012

An amazing experience. My wife and I just spent 12 days at the Phoenix Resort. The attention to detail is amazing. The Suites are amazing. The outside decks are amazing! The staff is amazing. The views are amazing. The location is amazing. The food is Amazing. The pool is amazing. The Spa is amazing. The courtesy is amazing. The amenities are amazing. The smiles on the faces of the staff are amazing. The comfort is amazing. The service is amazing. What else can I say. This was one amazing place.

Room Tip: We stayed in A-5 a two bedroom large condo right on the beach on the 2nd floor. The deck is enormous and the furnishings are very upscale and the bedrooms are exceedingly comfortable. But, honestly all the suites are very exciting and all the views are spectacular.
1  Thank Mediaman550
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our stay in Jan 2012 covered my husbands birthday which i had casually mentioned at front desk while asking for assistance with dinner reservations at boat accessed Portofino. On our return after dinner, we found the most amazing chocolate torte in our kitchen with a birthday card from the staff.
We had a 2 bedroom each with a private bath. The rooms are big and the bedding is luxurious. The pool is grande and the bartenders are accommodating with umbrellas (in your drink and beside your chair!), fresh towels and wonderful margs and mojitos.
I can't wait to go back! The most convenient location. We hardly ever needed the golf cart.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank goodhood
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I think I helped make this number one Hotel in the world.. The experience is probably the best I have had. They can not do enough for you.. Hate to write this as my husband has written about them and now it is hard to get in. But I really feel that no other hotel I have been to.. is like this. and I travel a lot. They will go out of their way to make you feel special. Decorate your room on Valentines day come around as well and give you cup cakes.. The Staff are happy here everyone loves their job and it shows. They know your name and make sure to get you anything you desire.. This is number 1 for facility, staff, location and all the stuff in between. I will not stay at another place and have been here many many times since discovering it..

Room Tip: by the pool
1  Thank kolby1
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Yup, and it was delicious. Developing countries can leave you wanting in the customer service department, but Stacey and crew have raised the bar on Ambergris Caye. This is our second time staying at the Phoenix and 6th time in San Pedro. We have tried Victoria House, Mata Chica, and Belize Legacy Resort. All were away from town which has some advantages if you want to be away from things. These condos are spacious, modern, temperature controlled, and beautiful. The Phoenix condos have well appointed interiors with modern/Western appliances (somewhat rare in Belize). The staff at the Phoenix are responsive, conscientious, and make efforts to learn your name as quickly as possible. The hotel restaurant is called Red Ginger. It is eclectic, local, and creative. They have wonderful seafood and non-seafood options. If you want something cheaper, their are lots of "hole-in-the-wall" spots in town. The front desk provides better concierge service than many 4 and 5 star hotels. Their recommendations on side-trips and their willingness to take care of the details is impressive.
We come to San Pedro for diving/snorkeling, relaxinging by the pool, eating good food, and the occasional sidetrip (ruins, fly-fishing, Blue Hole, etc). This time we brought our 2 kids age 10 and 16, and one of our aunts. Despite a range of interests and ages we all had a great time at the Phoenix.
We LOVE that the cruise ships can't get their people here due to the reef. Their are certain people that will be very happy on Ambergris Caye. Among those people, I think this is your best option right now.

Room Tip: We've stayed on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Both are just fine. If you don't like stairs, stay on ground floor units. All rooms have beautiful views but the northern units have slightly more ocean view.
2  Thank divelovers