“Awesome”
Review of The Phoenix Resort

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Just spent an amazing 5 nights in San Pedro and cannot say enough about this resort. From our pick up at the tiny airport moments away, to our being greeted by Ted and Rose with refreshing rum punch, everything was perfect. Gorgeous accommodations with hibiscus everywhere. Our suite overlooked the water and had a huge private veranda. Loved our location, our pool and Rolando our bartender (who made the most refreshing mojitos). Excursions were set up by Pam without any hassles (the tours were amazing-thank you Oliver, Travis, Alfonso and Russell). Red Ginger restaurant on the premises, delicious and easy. Topping all off was Carrie who we had a private yoga class with on our veranda! We will be back...San Pedro is a wonderful place!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
10  Thank Glo360
There are newer reviews for The Phoenix Resort

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I think the most amazing part is that it's in town, but when you walk thru the gates, you're in heaven. The other really nice resorts are a golf cart ride away - here the golf cart is optional.
The second most amazing thing is the staff's memories of who you are, what unit you're in, what you've done and what you need to do - which of course they're helping to make happen.
And I don't think I've ever been in more comfortable, upscale accommodations.
All very special!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank escapetonature
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at the Phoenix Resort 1/3/12 - 1/13/12. It is a wonderful resort. I can not give the resort a 5 rating because the condo next to ours had smokers on the patio. My clothes all smelled like smoke.

The condo was everthing I could hope for. The bathroom 5+. The sevice excellent.

We had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Shelby93
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Celebrating grandma's 85th birthday in a 3 bedroom suite...bloody fantastic! The staff had a birthday cake in the fridge when we arrived, the grounds are immaculate and the rooms are about the best we have stayed in anywhere in the world. Dont think twice about The Phoenix, it has a great location, super friendly and helpful employees and extremely clean. (I am a clean freak).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank My_Lady_of_England
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Just returned from 12 days at The Phoenix it's unbeliezeable...top knotch. We stayed in C5 a 2 bedroom unit all decked out even our request for a Barbecue was met so we could cook turkey dinner on Christmas day! Yes a turkey and all the fixings. The Phoenix aims to please and they do from assisting with booking flights, excursion, arranging a golf cart and restaurant reservations and more. How they remember everyone's name and seem to know what we want/need even before we ask is amazing. Our boys ages 22 & 19 had a fantastic time and enjoyed making new friends with other guests similar ages. The location of The Phoenix is perfect close to the shops and town 24 hour security and the best restaurant ever The Red Ginger. I could go on and on but it's all been said. Stacey, Mark and all the staff at The Phoenix thank you for everything you exceeded our expectations! We loved The Phoenix so much we re booked for next year.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Judy S
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I don't have much to add to all of the superlative reviews except to confirm that they are absolutely correct. Service at the Phoenix was spectacular. Our enormous 1-bedroom was perfect. The location was ideal - right in the heart of town and yet completely private and secluded. The spa was wonderful - the Maya abdominal massage was an experience that you can't get in many places, and I ended up going back for another massage and scrub after our day trip to Lamanai got rained out - no problem getting an appointment on short notice, even at the height of the busy season. I have been to excellent spas all over the world and the massages here were among the best I've had. I would definitely recommend the Phoenix.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank EyesOnTheHorizon
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I am a totally picky well traveled New Yorker, this place is a 10. Our 2 bedrm suite, D3, has a full out kitchen with dishwasher (not that you need to do any dishes), toaster, full large size fridge, coffee pot (and they provide coffee/sugar etc every day) two gorgeous bedrooms with lovely baths (ours has large sunken tub) and a wrap around porch thats incredible. The staff is completely willing to do anything they can to help and they have a really good and apparently well known spa where I had one of the best massages I have ever had (my son said the same and my husband and other son are booking asap) Perfect place for my family with two sons 19 and 22 although we are here the week after new years and it is a bit slow for them but the diving and fishing are exhausting them anyway!!!

Room Tip: our 2bdrm was D3, one of the largest with that great porch!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family